Hardinge CHNC retrofit- Another one on the way!

More
06 Dec 2012 11:23 #27286 by Alloy Craft
using rmsvss6_8.bit.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Dec 2012 12:04 #27289 by PCW
Sorry I didn't look closely, there is no such pin as resolver.xx counter-mode
You can see the available resolver pins with halcmd show pin
or read the resolver section of the hostmot 2 manual with:

man hostmot2

typed in a terminal window

More
06 Dec 2012 12:06 #27290 by cncbasher
this is the error line in :

hardinge.hal:136: parameter or pin 'hm2_5i23.0.resolver.00.counter-mode' not found
could be a typo etc , attach your hal and ini file

More
06 Dec 2012 18:10 #27294 by andypugh

:136: parameter or pin 'hm2_5i23.0.resolver.00.counter-mode' not found

Delete line 136 of the HAL file. And any other line that mentions "counter-mode" as the pin does not exist with resolvers, and would have no function if it did.

More
11 Dec 2012 11:40 #27554 by Alloy Craft
Alright I deleted the counter mode parameter and linux cnc boots up. It still shows an ini error but it boots so I guess that's a start, below is the error I get in terminal. I have the system sitting a table, not hooked up to the machine so most of the pins are floating right now. The axis readouts continually increment, and when I hit machine power i get a axis following error, I guess that would be normal for floating pins. anyway, I need to hook it up to the lathe but I cant apply power untill I get the servo drive back in since the wiring is not secured. I have also attached a zip containing my ini and hal file for anybody who would be kind enough to take look.

I think the servo drive may be finally fixed. I can get a dc voltage out on the armature connection when I pull the correct pin low. However I am still waiting on some more transistors to come in before I can button it up and put it back in. I will post a list of all the transistors I had to replace and their modern replacements for those who are intrested as soon as I can scan it in.

eric@eric-desktop:~$ linuxcnc /home/eric/linuxcnc/configs/Hardinge/hardinge.ini
LINUXCNC - 2.5.0
Machine configuration directory is '/home/eric/linuxcnc/configs/Hardinge'
Machine configuration file is 'hardinge.ini'
Starting LinuxCNC...
emc/usr_intf/halui.cc 2131: iniLoad error
INFO CLASSICLADDER- No ladder GUI requested-Realtime runs till HAL closes.
joint 0 following error
emc/task/taskintf.cc 614: Error on axis 0, command number 81
emc/task/taskintf.cc 614: Error on axis 2, command number 81
joint 2 following error
joint 0 following error
emc/task/taskintf.cc 614: Error on axis 0, command number 96
emc/task/taskintf.cc 614: Error on axis 2, command number 96
joint 2 following error
Shutting down and cleaning up LinuxCNC...
Cleanup done
eric@eric-desktop:~$
Attachments:

More
11 Dec 2012 20:27 #27574 by BigJohnT
I wonder what the iniLoad error is? Do you get that before you power up?

The config looks very familiar :) Try commenting out the axis enable lines to see if the rest will work till you get your drives back running.

John

More
12 Dec 2012 14:02 #27610 by Alloy Craft
Yes I did steal shamelessly from your config files, thanks by the way, they helped me immensely. I tried to comment out some of the enable lines, however Linux failed to start after doing so. I’m not entirely sure I commented out the correct lines though. What lines are the actual enable signals? Also I was looking over your diagrams, I see an estop out to a ssr, I am guessing this is a power circuit cut for the drives? However I did not see an feedback signal to Linux for an external estop button, am I missing something? Thanks again John.

More
12 Dec 2012 22:29 #27627 by BigJohnT
The following error does sound like your drives are on but no being commanded by LinuxCNC.

I was thinking the X and Z enable lines net emcmot.00.enable <= axis.0.amp-enable-out, if you comment that out you should be able to run the config while you sort out why your not in control of the drive. Did you verify that the DRO moves the correct way when you turn the ball screws by hand?

BTW, you can't steal something that is free :)

John

More
14 Dec 2012 10:20 #27715 by Alloy Craft
I tried commenting out the enable lines out with no success. I also tried commenting out the pwm enable lines, which also did not work. I finally commented out the resolver feed back signals and it fixed the problem. I measured .03 volts on the sin cos pins for resolver feeback. I think the stray voltage was giving emc false feedback. The machine came with a set of extra resolvers, so I think I may connect them directly and see if I can get any recognition in emc.

More
14 Dec 2012 10:44 #27716 by PCW
The resolver hardware will be recognized regardless of external connections to the 7I49.noise etc

The first step to checking the resolver hardware is to verify that you have correct signal levels at the sine and cosine outputs
these should be measured across the sine/cos wires with an AC voltmeter into the 7I49 with Linuxcnc started. These voltages will vary with resolver shaft position, but the highest value should be 1V RMS. If you get a very low signal I would check the excitation
on the 7I49 RESDRV pins (measure across the pins with a AC voltmeter) This should be about 2V RMS. NOTE DONOT ground either RESDRV pin as they are both at ~ 4V DC above ground

Once you have verified correct signal levels you should be able to move on to getting the resolver scale set properly

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds