Emco PC turn 55 upgrade..

More
26 Feb 2017 15:37 #88635 by turbo
Replied by turbo on topic Emco PC turn 55 upgrade..
I initially wired in my sync(index) and strobe(counter) for the toolchanger into TB6. I spent many hours yesterday trying to figure out why they don't give me any signals in the halscope, meter, etc. Do I need to add those pins into the hal file external inputs section using "net..."? Do I have to give them hal pin names? I had assumed that the DB25 IO was for the fast signals and everything else was sent through the serial, or am I just completely lost?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Mar 2017 02:59 #89397 by turbo
I need to fix my spindle speed scaling. I set it to be correct at 500rpm the first time around and now it's too far off to get a spindle at speed signal at higher rpms.

More
11 Mar 2017 16:47 #89424 by turbo
Is there a way to set max feed and rapid speeds separately? The Emco control had a max feed of 800 and rapid of 2250. There must be a way to do it otherwise I don't see the point of having two different following errors.

More
12 Mar 2017 03:13 #89457 by jmelson
Replied by jmelson on topic Emco PC turn 55 upgrade..
You mean FERROR and MIN_FERROR? Those are not two "different" following errors. MIN_FERROR sets a constant allowance for following error. FERROR adds an additional amount of tolerance proportional to commanded velocity. So, if MIN_FERROR = 0.001 and FERROR = .002, and you are currently moving at .1 user unit per second, then the limit on following error will be .001 + (.1 X .002) = 0.0012

LinuxCNC 2.8 Axis, and probably later versions of 2.7, have separate sliders for feedrate override, rapid override, jog speed, and maximum velocity. So, you can set it any way you want.

Jon
The following user(s) said Thank You: turbo

More
17 Mar 2017 20:32 #89836 by turbo
I'm probably no where near my optimum speeds and following errors, but I just slowed down my max spindle speed to 2000 in my .ngc file. I was at 3500, but I've got no good reason to want it turning that fast anyway.

I'm working on the tool changer now. I bought www.sparkfun.com/products/9118 sparkfun opto-isolator board which is working as intended to get 24v logic from the tool changer. Now I need to figure out the hal connections to classic ladder. I'm guessing that when a tool change is required that I can get the position number from "iocontrol.0.tool-prep-pocket" , "iocontrol.0.tool-change" will go true and it will wait for "iocontrol.0.tool-changed" to go true to continue?

More
20 Mar 2017 12:59 #89939 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Emco PC turn 55 upgrade..

I can get the position number from "iocontrol.0.tool-prep-pocket" , "iocontrol.0.tool-change" will go true and it will wait for "iocontrol.0.tool-changed" to go true to continue?

That sounds right. Check using a sim-config and halmeter, maybe?
The following user(s) said Thank You: turbo, qiwating

More
25 Mar 2017 19:32 #90256 by turbo
I commented out the manual change section in my hal file and added the connections to classic ladder. I was expecting to get some movement at this point when I call a tool in mdi, but it appears that my tool_change signal doesn't turn true. I haven't figured out how to watch anything without being in setup. I think maybe it would be easier if I wasn't using a 1024x768 monitor. Is there any need to put this stuff in the custom hal file as apposed to the main hal? I'll attach my hal. The classicladder connections are at the very bottom. I'll have to try to figure out how to screenshot my ladder program.

It looks like each "rung" is 6 lines, so I've got more than one output per rung. Is that going to cause problems?

File Attachment:

File Name: PCT55_2017-03-25.hal
File Size:12 KB
Attachments:

More
25 Mar 2017 19:48 #90257 by turbo
Ok I capitalized some of it, which got rid of some of the problems.

More
25 Mar 2017 20:14 #90258 by turbo
This is the latest. When I try to change tools in mdi the buttons all get disabled except for the coolant bottons and the power button. If I click on the coolant buttons then linuxcnc freezes. I click the power button and then exit but I have to restart linuxcnc before it lets me do anything again.
Attachments:

More
25 Mar 2017 20:33 #90260 by turbo
I may have figured it out. added "setp iocontontrol.0.tool-prepared 1".

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds