Brother TC-225 / TC-229 adventure!

More
05 Feb 2021 17:25 - 05 Feb 2021 17:26 #197761 by ihavenofish
1 analogue +- 10v
2 analogue ground
15 enable + (24v)
16 enable - (24v)
17 + 24V

thats what you need to add. switch on 15/16 after power up.
Last edit: 05 Feb 2021 17:26 by ihavenofish.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Arkadiy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Feb 2021 07:41 #197810 by Arkadiy
No, I don't have a mesa board. I want to make control on a Chinese controller with the ability to control a servo driver via analog + -10 volts. But this is not accurate, maybe I'll change my mind on linuxcnc and mesa, my first cnc machine is running on it through the lpt board and I have some experience with it, I really like linuxcnc. You can draw a wiring diagram, with comments on what to connect to. I will then post a full report on this topic on how to check this engine and how to connect it to 220v one phase. I think this will be useful to many more, since there is too little information for beginners

More
07 Feb 2021 10:43 #197905 by Arkadiy
Short 15/16, the green diode on the board lit up and the motor went into hold mode after applying 4 volts to pins 1 and 2. The engine accelerated at a breakneck speed, well it didn't fly away. Thank you for help! The seller sent again from Siberia braking resistors from this servo driver do they need to be connected to the large connectors 1 and 2? And another question for what is the 17 pin in cn2 and where to connect it?
Attachments:

More
07 Feb 2021 14:04 #197913 by ihavenofish
yay. so, single phase works.
my understanding is you need to derate the motor to 2/3 current on single phase.

for the resistors, im not sure where they connect. it will be 2 pins, cause its DC. on my rs1 drives they are labels RB1 and RB2. i guess it cant be that easy eh :)

More
07 Feb 2021 14:15 #197914 by ihavenofish
on the tc229 drives they were lableled COM (dc -/0) and Y.

More
07 Feb 2021 16:10 #197925 by Arkadiy
In the future I will buy a three-phase transformer, now it was only necessary to make sure that the motor was working. Therefore, I will definitely not reduce the power)) the braking resistor is connected to terminals 1 and 2 there are no more places here)) now I will decide how to control my machine, most likely I will choose linuxcnc and mesa board. And what about the 17th pin, what is it responsible for and where do you need to connect it?

More
07 Feb 2021 16:15 #197927 by ihavenofish
its labelled as 24v. so it would connect to your 24v psu...

but i actually don't remember now though with mine. cause all that connector went to the mesa, and, i don't remember connecting anything outside the abz +- / analogue +- / and enable +-
The following user(s) said Thank You: Arkadiy

More
07 Feb 2021 17:09 #197936 by Arkadiy
Okay, but what if the spindle motor stops for some reason? Where to get the emergency stop of the entire system. I suppose that this pin 18 should give an emergency stop? Another thermistor, which must monitor the temperature of the motor and braking resistors, in case of excess temperature, it must open the circuit and stop the machine. Have you worked on this system in your machine?

More
07 Feb 2021 17:12 #197938 by ihavenofish
in e stop, enable disappears, and if you wire the motor RST to a contactor it cuts that, and the drive will freewheel. the brake resistors create a "soft" dead short, and the motor will slow down very fast.

the same applies to the X and Y. the Z should have a mechanical brake too, which gets engaged with a relay on e stop.

More
15 Feb 2021 00:45 #198886 by ihavenofish
can someone with a TC225 tell me the model number of the atc brake pack controller? (little box, omron i think).

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds