Brother TC-225 / TC-229 adventure!

More
04 Feb 2021 21:44 #197687 by ihavenofish
k, so, IF the error codes are the same as the PY drive (two generations after these), 8 is an encoder error.

www.robosan.com.tr/pdfs/SANYO%20DENK%C4%...0DRIVER%20MANUAL.pdf

page 180. the codes are in binary.

sadly is doesnt specify any more detail than just encoder fault. have you got the motor and encoder hooked up?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Feb 2021 08:03 - 05 Feb 2021 08:12 #197708 by Arkadiy
I have connected two connectors by color but there are 4 wires of the same color - 2 blue and 2 red. Perhaps I could confuse them, if you can identify me by contacts it will be great. After connecting the encoder cable, the indicator on the servo driver stopped showing the error code. And I also saw next to the seven-segment indicator there is an abbreviation of errors. I don’t understand what they mean because I don’t know English well (((
What should I do next?
Ps. Error abbreviation look at the photo, maybe there will be some thoughts
Attachments:
Last edit: 05 Feb 2021 08:12 by Arkadiy.

More
05 Feb 2021 08:47 #197711 by Arkadiy
I took the risk of connecting the motor to the power connectors and nothing happens. I gave 5 volts to the CN3 connector 1 and 2. The engine turns easily by hand. The error indicator is silent. What am I missing?
Attachments:

More
05 Feb 2021 15:53 #197752 by ihavenofish
little r and little s are control voltage. 220v single phase.

big R and big S and big T are motor voltage. 220v 3 phase.

so you picked R and T to connect. I think you should try R and S. Also, why 2 wires to each?

Just trying to figure out what you are doing.

is there nothing at all lighting up on the drive, as in, its dead? or is it on, and no errors, but the motor doesnt move with a voltage?

More
05 Feb 2021 15:54 #197753 by ihavenofish
ah, i see. the double wires just bridge to little r and s.

hmm

More
05 Feb 2021 15:58 #197754 by ihavenofish
oh, other things i remember from the drives, is the power sequence is critical. you need to power control voltage, THEN power motor voltage 100ms or more afterward. so you cant simply hook them together. you need to put a contactor on the motor power and turn that on second.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Arkadiy

More
05 Feb 2021 16:17 - 05 Feb 2021 16:18 #197755 by ihavenofish
so the errors, from a slightly different drive...

of course, no "CE". ha. "DE" is for encoder error. They might have changed that from CE. of course they don't tell you what it should say if everything is fine.

1 OC Overcurrent
2 OL Overload
3 OH Amplifier Overheating
4 MPE Bus power (R, S, and T) Error
5 PE Control Power Supply Error
6 SE Speed Control Error

OV Overvoltage (probably 7 VE)
OS Overspeed
DE Detector Error – Encoder Error (probably 8 CE)

FP Fail Phase - bus power (R, S, and T) is missing a phase

OVF Position Deviation Overflow
EXOH External Regen Resistor Overheating
DSPE DSP Error
RGOH Internal Regen Resistor Overheating
RGOL Resistor Overload
MEME Memory Error
AEE Absolute Encoder Error (Not available at this time)
No Light CPUE CPU Error
Last edit: 05 Feb 2021 16:18 by ihavenofish.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Arkadiy

More
05 Feb 2021 16:21 - 05 Feb 2021 16:24 #197756 by ihavenofish
for the connector, the servo axis motors should be identical. the spindle is just a larger axis servo. so if you have those cables, just look at them and see if everything is the same.

ah, so you just bought this as a kit, you dont have a 225?

side note, did you get the braking resistors too? this kit needs about 1kw in braking resistors. it goes 0-6000rpm and back in 300ms :)
Last edit: 05 Feb 2021 16:24 by ihavenofish.

More
05 Feb 2021 16:56 - 05 Feb 2021 16:57 #197758 by Arkadiy
Yes, that's right, I don't have a machine, only a motor and a driver. I am assembling a cnc machine for myself and this engine is ideal for my tasks, but I just can't start it. On the resistors, I wrote to the seller why he didn't send them to me. I think we will resolve this issue with him. First, I connect the rs control, then I turn on the power switch, after that I hear the magnetic starter turn on inside, then nothing happens. I also connected RS and RT, so nothing happens. I tried to contact the person who on this forum claimed that he was able to start the engine from single-phase 220 volts. But so far I have not received an answer from him. Do I understand correctly that I am supplying 10 volts to CN3 for 1 and 2 pins? There must be something I missed
Last edit: 05 Feb 2021 16:57 by Arkadiy.

More
05 Feb 2021 17:04 #197760 by ihavenofish
1 and 2 are the analogue yes... but theres also an enable pin set which is 24v, and +-15v analogue power (that was a separate small psu) so the drive doesnt respond till its properly connected.

do you have a mesa board and linux cnc set up? if so, just set it up in there. will be so much easier than what you are trying. cause just sticking volts on analogue will make it try to acceleration instantly and it wont like that.

the full pin out should have been posted somewhere in this thread.

remember this is an ac servo like an axis, its not a vfd.

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds