New Eagle Conversion

More
19 Feb 2017 00:55 #88212 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic New Eagle Conversion

I've been through a lot of shoes this week. But I found it! The hint was that ferror was beautiful until I hit some magic number, and the number was 2. It was MAX_OUTPUT. So I'll have to read, what is the difference between MAX_OUTPUT and MAX_VELOCITY. Because I was making sure I had headroom with MAX_VELOCITY and thought I was ok.

Thanks for making me take another look.

Best, Dan.

If using Mesa 7i77 and +-10V servo drives, do not change the Max_output. It should remain at 10 if you intent on using full servo system capabilities.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Feb 2017 03:13 #88229 by lakeweb
Replied by lakeweb on topic New Eagle Conversion
Hi Tom,
This thing is already way faster than the Anilam, almost scary fast. I can not imagine what it would do with 10 volts, I'm at five now. But as long as it is suppose to be, I'll set them to 10.

I'll go over your guide again tomorrow, nice work. One thought get'm to hook up those limit switches early on and set the software limits and start working with all the axis's centered. I felt saver working from there.

Best, Dan.

More
19 Feb 2017 13:32 #88265 by tommylight

Hi Tom,
This thing is already way faster than the Anilam, almost scary fast. I can not imagine what it would do with 10 volts, I'm at five now. But as long as it is suppose to be, I'll set them to 10.

I'll go over your guide again tomorrow, nice work. One thought get'm to hook up those limit switches early on and set the software limits and start working with all the axis's centered. I felt saver working from there.

Best, Dan.

In that case, leave it as you see fit, but you should limit the max_output, not scale.
Limits, i will add that now, thank you very much.
Regards,
Tom

More
23 Feb 2017 02:24 #88528 by lakeweb
I ran my first Fusion 360 design on the mill today. This is going to be fun! This is for a friend that has natural gas on his property. The pressure from the covered mine shaft is iffy. I've already done this with an off the shelf compressor and a micro circuit to measure pressure and adjust the compressor output. It only takes a couple of inches of water for his generator to run nicely. It worked great until the electronics inside the compressor was compromised by the hydrogen sulfide. As this has a separation from the gas and the electronics... Testing with wood and will do it in plastic when I'm sure.
I even drilled the two small holes with the mill!

More
23 Feb 2017 15:15 #88541 by tommylight
Nice!
The following user(s) said Thank You: lakeweb

More
10 Apr 2017 01:50 #91106 by lakeweb
I thought I'd post this picture of the 'finished' product. I've put a dust cover over the electronics. Just little things left like wiring the work lights to the main power and setting the table oilier to go off with the spindle. Thanks everyone for helping with this.

Best, Dan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, new2linux

More
10 Apr 2017 12:07 #91114 by tommylight
Nice, i like the enclosure in plain sight, i do that myself a lot, i like to be able to see everything at a glance.
Regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: lakeweb

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds