Retrofiting Scm record 220

More
31 Aug 2020 23:08 #180242 by jfrahm3310
So on a different note this has a stepper drive and motor for the umbrella tool changer and the input is serial, it is an ever electronica drive scm01-09. So wondering if anybody as dealt with this. The manual talks about writing and compiling programs for it in dos.maybe there is some long lost hal file somewhere.?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Sep 2020 16:59 #180447 by Todd Zuercher
I don't know. Our SCM machine's stepper drive for the tool changer is from RTA Motion Systems, and is controlled by 3 signals from the control, a direction signal, a start signal, and a stop signal (step pulses are generated internally.) The stop signal is a combination of a couple outputs from the control, some proximity sensors and (I think) the e-stop button. But there is no serial connection used.

More
04 Sep 2020 20:37 #180750 by jfrahm3310
I have this idea about hacking into the drive between the logic side and the isolation to main transistor's and run off a mesa card and hal. Has anybody tried something like that. I have a fanuc robot project that would benefit from this also.

More
09 May 2022 15:27 #242385 by anthony@breakwood.co.za
Hi....I am new to this forum. I have a faulty NUM controller card for the SCM Record 220.  I can get a service exchange card from NUM for about $1500. Seems a lot. Is there any other option? We believe the problem is the card because when we replaced the card with one from another machine, it worked. The part number is 0204204478

More
09 May 2022 17:36 #242397 by Todd Zuercher
While we do have an older SCM CNC machine here (and it is still running it's original control.) I am far from familiar enough with them to be able to tell you what your bad part even is just from the part number. What does the part do, what does it look like?

Also even though this thread was about helping someone retrofitting a Record 220 like yours, doesn't necessarily mean that it was the same or used the same control hardware. SCM made these machines over a long time period and offered many different options and fitted different controls over the years.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthony@breakwood.co.za

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds