I am stuck with Biesse Rover 322 retrofit

More
14 Nov 2020 09:43 #189309 by tommylight
Go back to the link i posted, read adn fix the enable/e-stop stuff.
Do not continue without having machine enable working properly from LinuxCNC and disabling the drives.
There can be no drift, no drives enabled ever untill LinuxCNC enables them. That makes sure no runaway happens during setup and tuning.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Nov 2020 09:55 #189311 by viesturs.lacis

Go back to the link i posted, read adn fix the enable/e-stop stuff.
Do not continue without having machine enable working properly from LinuxCNC and disabling the drives.
There can be no drift, no drives enabled ever untill LinuxCNC enables them. That makes sure no runaway happens during setup and tuning.

Yes, I have that. The thing is that I have set ferror limits very high

More
14 Nov 2020 10:36 #189315 by viesturs.lacis
The current situation is that X and Z axes look good. I can jog X axis at 45m/min and the following error is around 0,07 mm. Looks really good to me.
Now I have to solve an issue with encoder on Y motor. There is no change in position in DRO, if I move the machine by hand and the motor ran away, when I enabled the drive, so my conclusion is that the drive also is not getting correct signal.
I checked that there are 5,5V encoder power in the plug that connects to motor, so encoder is getting power. How do I check, if the encoder is giving out pulses? I do not have an oscilloscope.

More
14 Nov 2020 11:50 - 14 Nov 2020 11:55 #189319 by bevins

The current situation is that X and Z axes look good. I can jog X axis at 45m/min and the following error is around 0,07 mm. Looks really good to me.
Now I have to solve an issue with encoder on Y motor. There is no change in position in DRO, if I move the machine by hand and the motor ran away, when I enabled the drive, so my conclusion is that the drive also is not getting correct signal.
I checked that there are 5,5V encoder power in the plug that connects to motor, so encoder is getting power. How do I check, if the encoder is giving out pulses? I do not have an oscilloscope.

Oh but you do have an O-Scope....... There is an O-Scope in linuxcnc. HalScope, I think it is in the file menu?

HAL-Scope

Check in HAL Configuration for the encoder pins....... See if they are changing when you move the axis.
If you select pin or signal then click watch and the pin, you can see it change LIVE......

HAL-Show
Last edit: 14 Nov 2020 11:55 by bevins.

More
14 Nov 2020 12:07 #189321 by viesturs.lacis

Oh but you do have an O-Scope....... There is an O-Scope in linuxcnc. HalScope, I think it is in the file menu?

HAL-Scope

Check in HAL Configuration for the encoder pins....... See if they are changing when you move the axis.
If you select pin or signal then click watch and the pin, you can see it change LIVE......

HAL-Show

Ummm I am not sure how does that help in current situation. With Halscope I will measure whatever signal is coming from servodrive as position output. I am sure that there is something wrong with encoder signal on servodrive input. Are there any options I could use to check that?

More
14 Nov 2020 12:48 #189324 by bevins
Check in Halshow if the units are changing.
Did you check your wiring?
Make sure you have continuity from encoder to the 7i77 to make sure there is no broken wire.

You should be able to move the axis when it is not enabled and see the DRO changing.
Take the connector for the Y encoder on the 7i77 and move it to X connector and see if the DRO moves. This will check your HAL for the Y. If that doesn't work, then your wire to the encoder or the encoder is the culprit.

Double check the encoder is connected properly to the 7i77 connector. Put a meter on encoder wires

Measure across A and /A then B and /B

These should always be >2V or < -2V across the pins in all quadrature states
any voltage close to 0 in any state indicates a wiring or encoder problem.

More
14 Nov 2020 13:01 - 14 Nov 2020 13:02 #189325 by viesturs.lacis

Make sure you have continuity from encoder to the 7i77 to make sure there is no broken wire.

You seem to be forgetting that there is servodrive inbetween...
Encoder signal goes to servodrive and then servodrive has "position output" where it outputs the encoder signal to cnc controller. The thing is that there are parameters in servodrive that affects this position output and I am not able to access them to check. I cannot get into settings mode with SW4

Thank you!!! I most certainly can do this
Last edit: 14 Nov 2020 13:02 by viesturs.lacis.

More
14 Nov 2020 13:08 #189326 by viesturs.lacis

Did you check your wiring?
Make sure you have continuity from encoder to the 7i77 to make sure there is no broken wire

And then there are unconnected wires. I have attached a picture of terminals, where right side are cables from machine, left side goes to servodrives.
SOX, SOY, SOZ seem to be wires for encoder pulses. But I have no idea, what are COP.X and VEL.X 0 they are not connected to anything. Is there some optional equipment that is not present in this machine or is the machine missing something essential?
Attachments:

More
14 Nov 2020 13:10 - 14 Nov 2020 13:10 #189327 by bevins

You seem to be forgetting that there is servodrive inbetween...
Encoder signal goes to servodrive and then servodrive has "position output" where it outputs the encoder signal to cnc controller. The thing is that there are parameters in servodrive that affects this position output and I am not able to access them to check. I cannot get into settings mode with SW4

Thank you!!! I most certainly can do this

Right, I had a 321 where the encoder went to the control and not the drive. DC servo though.

The output should from the drive should still respect the voltages.

You should still be able to swap the motor and encoder cables from one drive to the other to test the encoder and/or the drive output. Dont enable them, just check the DRO.
Last edit: 14 Nov 2020 13:10 by bevins.

More
14 Nov 2020 13:15 #189328 by viesturs.lacis

You should still be able to swap the motor and encoder cables from one drive to the other to test the encoder and/or the drive output. Dont enable them, just check the DRO.

Thank you for a suggestion!
Do I really need to swap also motor cables, if I do not intend to enable the drive and attempt to move the motor? IMHO swapping the encoder cable alone shoud do.

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.345 seconds