Pressbrake CNC Control Setup Questions

More
08 Apr 2023 19:20 #268623 by santy
yes i have done that. but i haven't yet created any configurations for my particular machine.

I'm not understanding what the .comp does when i install it, so i don't know what to do previously.
should i create a configuration and assign axis to the pwm outputs/encoders first? or should i start with nothing? i am doing this in a PC with a fresh 2.10 linuxcnc installation.

Do you have discord or other if possible?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Apr 2023 19:35 #268624 by blazini36
Didn't follow this thread at all but a .comp is a hal component. Everything in hal interfaces some kind of component which is just a small program in itself. PID is a component, stepgens are components, encoder, etc but they all come preinstalled. press.comp is a custom component that somebody made so you had to install it yourself. It presumably has some special logic related to your application and should have pins and parameters so you can interface it.

You should read up on the hal docs to familiarize yourself with how it works or you will have a hard time. Either way it needs to be written into your hal file starting with a "loadrt" or "loaduser" then followed by an "addf" to add it's functions to a specific thread.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clive S, HenkvE

More
08 Apr 2023 22:11 #268632 by EW_CNC

i can create a new config with this boards using pnc conf, then modify it as the ones you’ve sent right?

You could use pnc conf to get some of your mesa board settings and copy the revelent lines to the bender files.
This is not a standard configuration that uses INI File settings and G Code, the GUI and press.comp control is all in the bender file folder, You need to incorporate your machine settings into those files.

More
09 Apr 2023 11:10 #268659 by santy
Okay, I understand now,
Yes it doesn't use gcode but generates pulses according to a user-defined table with the bends, which is much much better for my case :D

i got this errors:

i can create a new config with this boards using pnc conf, then modify it as the ones you’ve sent right?

You could use pnc conf to get some of your mesa board settings and copy the revelent lines to the bender files.
This is not a standard configuration that uses INI File settings and G Code, the GUI and press.comp control is all in the bender file folder, You need to incorporate your machine settings into those files.

Attachments:

More
10 Apr 2023 22:54 #268792 by andypugh
I don't think that there is any point trying to run the config until the HAL component compiles without errors.

Are you using files from this post?
forum.linuxcnc.org/30-cnc-machines/42100...ons?start=100#228476

I am rather confused about the halcompile error. Which version of LinuxCNC are you using?

I am also confised by the Python error, bender.py line 181 (where the problem is raised) looks like a pretty straightforward bit of Python.

More
23 Apr 2023 00:08 #269655 by santy
Hey!

I finally got a 7i92tm + 7i77d (because of 7i97 OOS), and i've successfully installed the press component and started to understand a bit more of how this works.

I will be trying to adapt the hal file from 7i97 to the 7i92tm, but i can't detect the 7i77d connected to it. i tried to run discovery option with 7i72t and it worked, but i don't find a way to make it find a 7i77 aswell in pnc conf to create a base config and understand how it identifies signals to the 7i77 in the hal file, to modify the one present here.

Also, in the base press.comp gui, i can't access the 'bending' tab, but i can access all other tabs. i have hit estop reset, machine ON and 'home all' and even typed out a tool, but i couldn't get access to the bending tab either way.

I haven't had success opening the other gui presented here with the Gauge tonnage reader.

More
23 Apr 2023 00:14 #269657 by PCW
You can create a 7I92/7I77 configuration with pncconf and use it as a guide/example to
make 7I77 related modifications to your 7I97 configuration files.

More
23 Apr 2023 00:39 #269659 by andypugh

i can't detect the 7i77d connected to it. 

This might be because there is no field power connected to the 7i77.

More
23 Apr 2023 00:42 #269661 by PCW
Right, field power, 5V power and the correct firmware
(7i92t_7i77x2d.bin) would be needed to detect the 7I77

More
23 Apr 2023 11:46 - 23 Apr 2023 11:51 #269678 by santy
Yes this is exactly my idea. Use pncconf to generate something that can serve as a base to adapt the code present here which looks marvelous.
I plugged 5v to 7i77d and to 7i92tm through the 5v 0v connector (2pins connector), and also tried with both cable switches up in 7i92tm, and the 7i77 power switch to the left, and no tb1 power to 7i77, and it also lights up correctly, But no connection.

I'm using the original ribbon cable to connect from the black connector on the 7i92t to the 7i77.

I also pasted 7i92t_7i77x2d.bin in /lib/firmware/hm2 with the terminal cp command... but no new firmware appears in PNC selector, discovery still only finds 1 board.. although it is powered on through the ribbon cable.

should i do something else to be able to detect the 7i77?
I discovered it with 7i92t board name and 10.10.10.10 ip. Should i use other board name? Or do something else with the bin file besides just pasting it in the hm2 folder?
Last edit: 23 Apr 2023 11:51 by santy. Reason: Update

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.264 seconds