Another Biesse Rover 322

More
14 Sep 2022 10:56 #251884 by ehb
Replied by ehb on topic Another Biesse Rover 322

Hi,

I too have a 322 building in MESA 7I76 and 7I77 to replace the controller

Did you conclude what the 21V AC was for?

Hello fellow 322 owner! You're in for a ride with all those solenoids... What kind of solenoid drive modules does your machine have? The RS485 ones or relay boards in the cabinet?

If I remember correctly, the 21 V AC going into the old controller (RT480 in my case) was just connected to a relay on the old controller's power supply and passed through to some safety device. In case the controls PSU has a failure, the machine wouldn't switch on.

I removed the RT480 controller entirely and permanently connected cable 122 to 123, that were going into the larger green connector.

I did end up using P2, P3, P4 as high-current power supplys for the Mesa 7i66 and 7i64, despite them being possibly switched by E22, the key switch at the cabinet front door (which I don't have a key for anyways) and KE2 (a contactor at the bottom right in the cabinets backside). The cards get their power via SmartSerial from the 7i94 and P1, only the high-current inputs get the other Ps. So far I got away with it, but can't recommend or advise against it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Sep 2022 08:44 #252325 by tray
Replied by tray on topic Another Biesse Rover 322
Please see attached Diagram for unit E22 ( thanks tommy)
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
19 Sep 2022 09:41 #252328 by tray
Replied by tray on topic Another Biesse Rover 322
Hi Ehb,

EHB: "The RS485 ones or relay boards in the cabinet?"
Tray: RS485

EHB:"I did end up using P2, P3, P4 as high-current power supplys for the Mesa 7i66 and 7i64, despite them being possibly switched by E22, the key switch at the cabinet front door (which I don't have a key for anyways) and KE2 (a contactor at the bottom right in the cabinets backside). The cards get their power via SmartSerial from the 7i94 and P1, only the high-current inputs get the other Ps. So far I got away with it, but can't recommend or advise against it."
Tray: Yup, seems reasonable.  The OEM didnt take short cuts eg delay on timer upon power to ensure the power quality has settled before enabling the machine.If problems arise then adding a PSU later wont be too much of an issue.

Thanks

More
28 Jan 2024 19:33 #291819 by imperial
Replied by imperial on topic Another Biesse Rover 322
hi.
i'm new here and in automation.
i have an biesse 322 and want to ungrade it.
i was reading entire this topic and i like the solution that you used.
please if you can help me give an answer, i want to have a large discussion in privat
thanks

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds