can't open after fixing smi issues

More
27 May 2012 11:53 #20445 by andypugh
Banana Jack wrote:

well i dropped my acceleration (yeah it was pretty up there, i don't know why...) but i can't figure out where those 42000s came from. i checked my setup, and they are actually dirhold 2000 dirsetup 2000, which is correct. i don't know why they show up in the hal file as 42000.
and what is this scale you speak of? i have not heard of that. i'm currently half stepping though, if that makes any difference. and my steppers are directly driving my leadscrews.

42,000nS dir setup isn't a problem with your 100,000nS base-thread time. But we have to hope that you can get that down a bit with the SMI fix.
It might be that stepgen just picked a number close to half the base thread rate (possible minus the reset time)

A base thread go 100,000nS means that you can only step at 10kHz. With your scale of 6400 steps/inch that means 1.5" / sec or 90 in/min.
However, you won't get there, probably, because the next speed down is one step every 2 threads, and there is no way that the mechanical parts of your system can jump from 45 in/min to 90 in/min instantaneously.

Once you fix SMI, then you need to get that base thread to run faster. But it looks like you might need to start thinking about a hardware step generator at some point.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds