CNC Machine with Resolver (7i49)

More
04 Sep 2013 22:41 #38471 by simon n.
Thanks, but we already decided to replace the resolver with encoder, because we got good ones already here!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Sep 2013 23:02 #38472 by andypugh

Thanks, but we already decided to replace the resolver with encoder, because we got good ones already here!

OK, though resolvers are better. (higher precision, absolute feedback, much tougher).

Do the motor drives require the feedback from the resolvers for commutation?

More
06 Sep 2013 00:27 #38493 by simon n.
the resolver feedback is needed for the regulation, it generates an index value for the servo. But the encoder can do the same instead!

greetings

Simon

More
06 Sep 2013 02:16 #38496 by andypugh

the resolver feedback is needed for the regulation, it generates an index value for the servo. But the encoder can do the same instead!

Have you checked that? It might possibly do more than provide an index.
Some drives use the Resolver signals almost unmodified as the commutation source. This is only a concern with brushless motors, however,

More
09 Sep 2013 22:52 - 09 Sep 2013 22:54 #38570 by simon n.
hi again,

yes we checked that, the resolvers work the other way the card expects. the resolver gives an index value for the servo, we checked that with the circuit diagram^^. or to be more specific it sends its current state to the sinumerik and the sinumerik sends out a index value to the servo.

greetings

Simon
Last edit: 09 Sep 2013 22:54 by simon n..

More
06 Nov 2013 22:18 - 07 Nov 2013 17:45 #40589 by simon n.
Hallo friends!

We're back with nice stuff to do! Now we have to include a safety-PLC into the system. We want to communicate via Modbus from safety-PLC to Linuxcnc. We got some troubles with the installation of the library "libmodbus3.0.5". We first tried to install it with the "MB2HAL" guide:

wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ModbusToHal

But this guide didn't help us with the problem, we couldn't even implement the first step:
1) Install the library libmodbus3 using "sudo apt-get install libmodbus3". Mb2hal is writen using this library, wich is not installed by default in LinuxCNC.

Translated error message:
E: Package libmodbus3 could not be found

We read the "modbus examples?" thread :
linuxcnc.org/hardy/dapper/emc2/emc2/inde...6456-modbus-examples

We did what ArcEye said the first 3 pages, that worked pretty well ,but we dont know if that worked right to use modbus now. We installed the master branch 2.6 and installed git, we also compiled it. We cant find the "mb2hal_HOWTO.ini" file from the guide, we also dont have this folder :"src/hal/user_comps/mb2hal/". We dont know which src folder is meant in the guide to find the HOWTO.ini-file.

Is there a better explained way to get modbustohal working?

Thanks a lot guys

Simon N.
Last edit: 07 Nov 2013 17:45 by simon n..

More
08 Nov 2013 17:51 #40666 by simon n.
Hey Guys,

we now decided to use Modbus via classicladder Ver 7.124. We loaded the classicladder in the custom.hal file and added it to the servo thread. We did a test program with just 1 input and 1 output to see if its working.

Why is classicladder starting before the actual cnc program is loaded? we set the Master in the load command to modmaster, but what exactly does that mean, since we want to communicate with a safety-PLC. When we close the classicladder to start the program, it says that Modbus will be quit. Is the communication between safety-plc and linuxcnc stopped then?

Many questions, i know, but the guides doesn't help us much with these questions^^.

Greetings

Simon N.

More
08 Nov 2013 20:52 #40669 by andypugh
Can I suggest that you start a new thread about classic ladder / modbus?
The current subject header is about Resolvers (which gets my attention, as I know baout resolvers). But I don't know anything about Modbus or CL. Whereas the guys who do will probably ignore Resolver questions.

More
08 Nov 2013 20:59 #40670 by simon n.
Hey Andy,

yes you are right, its a new subject. I thought it would be a bad idea to start a new thread because it is one big project, starting with resolver-->HAL over to Modbus-->HAL. But i appreciate your advice to start a new one, i will do it right now!

thanks a lot

greetings

Simon N.

Time to create page: 0.126 seconds