Limit&Home at one pin

More
02 Nov 2014 05:24 - 02 Nov 2014 05:25 #52679 by Green#
Replied by Green# on topic Limit&Home at one pin

Feel free to make things for fun, but tried and tested commercial alternatives exist :-)

maybe my PCB will be a commercial solution in the future :)
Last edit: 02 Nov 2014 05:25 by Green#.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Nov 2014 05:33 #52680 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Limit&Home at one pin

maybe my PCB will be a commercial solution in the future :)

Quite possibly, though have you considered how you get the THC RS232 data into HAL for LinuxCNC to use?
The Mesa board uses an existing encoder counter HAL module, and the encoder velocity is interpreted as the arc voltage.
If you want to get serial data into HAL it would probably need to be from a Userspace driver (which might work well, but might not)

More
02 Nov 2014 05:54 #52681 by Green#
Replied by Green# on topic Limit&Home at one pin
THC and RS232 data I got prototyped now. I use example of MP1000A configuration, there is python module which can read data from RS and it works well, only a slight modifications I had to make. So my board can read THC voltage, compare it with real plasma Voltage, sending real voltage via RS to LinuxCNC and making automatic correction by compare linuxcnc parameter with the real value. The problem was limit and home because I need to build it at one LPT but thanks to you I got solution, because its a gantry machine I use one pin for home and limit of the axis x,y,z and the second pin for home and limit of axis A (second Y drive).

Time to create page: 0.122 seconds