Ignorant, new, dumb, and really frustrated........

More
13 Jan 2015 08:43 - 13 Jan 2015 08:47 #54956 by Askjerry
Back around 2005 I had a lightning strike that really fouled up my system. I shipped all four Gecko Drives (G320 servomotor) back... they repaired 3 free of charge and the 4th one was toast... so I replaced it. they have been supportive to me... hopefully this hasn't changed. Been using mine since 2001 other than that issue.

I also have 2 of the G201 stepper drives... never had any issue with them. (I actually need to pick up a couple more... going to modify another piece of equipment.)

Jerry
Last edit: 13 Jan 2015 08:47 by Askjerry. Reason: Update

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2015 13:57 #54961 by bigstarshot
Sadly the source for my machine said the same thing. I was in a hurry and dialed gecko direct. You know, new toy, anxious to get back up and running because I was going on days off and wanted to play. Their tech told me swapping the drivers might get me going and would help trouble shout the problem. I noticed a chip wasn't square but wasn't sure what I was looking at. Swapping drives didn't help. I wish I had known then to do what I've done now with the x and a. I sent the board in to them direct after getting an RMA. They said it was mechanical damage and on me. I'm fairly sure the motherboard is where my signal is dying. Yes, there seems to be a lot of great things to be said about gecko drivers. The G540 has some rough review out there if you look. Most say the same things, it has grounding issues and doesn't like to work on the long side of its paramaters. Forgive me if the customer service I've gotten doesn't include future gecko purchases.

More
13 Jan 2015 14:04 #54962 by bigstarshot
Your advice and replies have been spot on. I will never open the G540 again. Waste six bucks to send them their trash back.. maybe. And I swapped the commands for the A and X axis. The old X is now the A. If the new DB25 makes it possible to talk to what is now A, I can still use everything, the labels are just wrong.

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds