Index Homing odd offset

More
06 Nov 2015 01:06 #64843 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Index Homing odd offset
uggh, the plot when stopped indicates the drive doesnt move for about 100 ms of motion command from linuxcnc
is there a deadband in the drive? If so it needs to be turned off

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Nov 2015 07:30 #64864 by OT-CNC
Replied by OT-CNC on topic Index Homing odd offset
For some reason I can't get motion when jogging with the arrows as I'm trying to hit the Force button on hal scope :S
This worked yesterday. What changed???

More
06 Nov 2015 08:22 - 06 Nov 2015 08:24 #64865 by OT-CNC
This is all I was able to capture today.

This is with P10, 50ipm- if i remember correctly
Attachments:
Last edit: 06 Nov 2015 08:24 by OT-CNC. Reason: - if i remember correctly

More
06 Nov 2015 18:25 #64881 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Index Homing odd offset
I have lost track of what is going on here.

You can set Halscope to trigger automatically when the velocity-cmd goes positive. No need to press buttons.

The axis doesn't seem to be moving at all. f-error rises linearly and the velocity hovers around zero.

If FF1 is set to 1.0 or thereabouts, why are you so convinced that that P needs to be 10x or 50x larger? I would expect it to be smaller.
What is the smallest non-zero PGain that you have tried?

How accurate is the tracking of velocity with P=0, I=0, D=0?

More
06 Nov 2015 22:02 #64897 by OT-CNC
Sorry Andy, I was trying to add the f-error trace and capture more data. The Screenshot is all I was able to get since hitting the force button stopped motion.
Thanks for the hint on automatic trigger.

I tried your suggestion of P=.050, P=.5 then moved my way up to P=10 and got frustrated with the force button and don't have any captured data.

I was able to find a range where the ballscrew didn't seem to dither and that was below P=10. PCW suggested to increase P and then back off at the point of oscillation.
T
To see how accurate tracking is, I will try again with PID all at 0.

More
07 Nov 2015 00:47 #64919 by Todd Zuercher
In Halscope, change your trigger from position-cmd to velocity-cmd (channel 4 to channel 1). It is the button on the bottom right corner of the screen. Then it should trace automatically instead of you having to manually pressing the force button.

More
01 Jun 2019 14:04 #135567 by Marcking
Replied by Marcking on topic Index Homing odd offset
Hello Guys, have this topic a solution? I have the same problem according I can read here.
Thank you!

More
03 Jun 2019 06:35 #135699 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Index Homing odd offset
Can you describe your actual problem and symptoms? This thread is 4 years old, and we have all forgotten what it was about :-)

More
03 Jun 2019 14:00 #135752 by OT-CNC
I did not solve the problem. I ended up using my drives in step/dir mode without reading in the encoder and using homing switches instead of switch and index as I was unsuccessful in tuning it. Machine has been working great.
Are you just having issues with index homing? Are you running an analog servo system or are you trying to drive it with step/dir?

More
05 Jun 2019 01:07 #135895 by Marcking
Replied by Marcking on topic Index Homing odd offset
Hello OT-CNC, I have solved the problem thanks to PCW who told me to solve the following error playing with P.I.D. parameters and that made the trick, I don't know if this problem was the same.
Yes this machine is running servo with step/dir signals, the problem was the odd homing and also was imposible to set the DRO to zero when touching off any of the axes.
Thank you!

Time to create page: 1.012 seconds