Heidenhain EXE-602 Configuration

More
21 Nov 2015 21:41 #65628 by csbrady
I am doing a refit of a Bridgeport Interact mill and have some EXE 602 boxes to convert the 11us sine wave signal to TTL. The 602's have 5 jumpers inside to set configuration options. For the life of me I cannot find anything about these. The manuals have excruciating detail about everything but these jumpers. Anyone out there have information about the jumpers?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Nov 2015 22:18 #65630 by cmorley
What makes you think the switches are for user configuration options?
I have a 602 manual it doesn't mention anything to give me the idea that I can change anything.
Are you trying to change the interpretation rate?

Chris M
The following user(s) said Thank You: csbrady

More
22 Nov 2015 03:55 #65639 by Diederik
I Retrofitted my deckel, and also have sine wave heidenhain scales, and I ended up from the scale /linear encoder, wired directly into a Schmidt trigger, and from that into my 7i77. This converted the sine to square wave. It gave me 0.005mm resolution, which is good enough for me. I have a friend who sells another device that takes the 0.005mm sine wave, and breaks it down to give you a 0.001mm resolution square wave. He sells them for about ZAR 1000, which is about USD 80 each.

More
22 Nov 2015 05:08 #65640 by csbrady
The manuals indicate that the box can be configured for no interpolation or 5 fold. Also the width of the fault detection pulse, and the index pulse can be configured. There is also an option for tristate for the outputs if there is an error. I can figure out the settings with a scope if I have to. It's really odd that the manuals offer a lot of detail about the options with nary a word about how to set them.

I already have the 602's. If I am not able to get them to work it's nice that there are other options.

More
22 Nov 2015 05:35 #65642 by cmorley
interesting my manual doesn't mention these option AFAIK.
If you figure it out please post your results.
My 602s are already 5 fold - maybe I could open one and show you the difference?

Chris M

More
22 Nov 2015 06:03 #65643 by csbrady
At last I found what I am looking for. The only manuals I could find were for for an exe602E and I have exe602D's. I managed to find the manual for the exe602D and on page 18 are the jumper settings, Hallelujah! The first two jumpers are used to set 0 or 5 fold. My 4 exe602D's were all set differently and mostly incorrectly so it would have been a pain to sort this out without the manual.

I am not sure if the exe602E has the same jumpers, but the manual certainly implies the the unit has configuration options.

More
07 Jan 2016 15:05 #68017 by csbrady
I discovered that the settings in the manual titled EXE 602D EXE 604C EXE 605S, dated 2/2003 are absolutely incorrect for the EXE 602D and do not work. Here are the correct settings that Heidenhain tech support sent me:

Attachments:

More
16 Feb 2018 23:58 #106056 by cmorley
I'm wondering if you could post the other manual page that you had.
My 602 is either set wrong or has different functions.

Chris M

More
17 Feb 2018 03:04 #106062 by csbrady
I don't have the old manual that had the settings that were incorrect for my 602Ds. Sorry! I have the full manual for the excerpt that poster above if that would help.

More
17 Feb 2018 04:45 #106063 by cmorley
Sure if you don't mind

Chris M

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds