Dead in the water on 7i92 config

More
16 Feb 2016 14:51 #70235 by PCW
OK, bad latency would expected since this is not a Preempt RT kernel

Here are some instructions for installing a Preempt-RT kernel on the standard LinuxCNC wheezy distribution ISO:

linuxcnc.org/docs/html/getting-started/g...th_preempt_rt_kernel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Feb 2016 07:00 #70280 by dannym
OK, that seems to be it! X and Y don't end up in Following error and move quite quickly!

However, major trouble with the Z-axis (axis 2). It's much slower because of the weight, and only 5 in/sec speed listed. TRAJ is much faster to allow fast X/Y jogging.

But I don't get it. Now Z appears to be trying to go well above its 5 in/sec limit. It may stall, it may generate a "Following Error". Doesn't the TRAJ section still respect the axis limitations?
Attachments:

More
22 Feb 2016 13:17 #70475 by andypugh

Well is there any way to make it act like a com port right now?

No, because the Hosmot2 driver communicates only with HAL, and HAL uses a private shared-memory interface rather than the common Linux interfaces.

This might actually make things easier, rather than harder. Your spindle commands already exist in HAL.

More
01 Apr 2016 06:25 #72506 by dannym
Hope I can get some more help here:

I have gantrykins here. What I'm seeing is that IF you manipulate either of the linked axes (0 or 3) in Joint mode, when you switch to World mode it throws "Following Error" without moving.

So, best guess is that moving one without the other is incorrectly seen as moving the expected location of the second motor, and it somehow doesn't matter in Joint mode but becomes a killer for the PID in World mode and it finds the axes aren't at the same count?

Any ideas how to fix this?

More
01 Apr 2016 13:31 #72525 by PCW
use trivkins and the gantry comp for homing instead of fighting gantrykins?

More
02 Apr 2016 00:50 #72539 by dannym
Well, there's 2 other requirements.

One, independent homing to correct for racking.

Second, I have an XHC-HB04 mpg. I was trying to set it up but heard that gantrykins can't support "incremental jogging" mode that uses.

I'm not sure of what solution can do what.

More
02 Apr 2016 00:53 #72541 by andypugh
The gantry comp does independent homing (I think)
As it uses trivkins, it will jog with the XHC.

More
02 Apr 2016 01:07 #72542 by dannym
I couldn't get gantrykins to move the axis in World mode (teleops), just Joint mode. I was told that's a known limitation of gantrykins. Which IS weird, since Y and Z aren't even linked. Just X.

More
02 Apr 2016 01:20 - 02 Apr 2016 01:21 #72543 by dannym
I couldn't get gantrykins to move the axis in World mode (teleops), just Joint mode. I was told that's a known limitation of gantrykins. Which IS weird, since Y and Z aren't even linked. Just X. But none of them would move in World mode, all moved in Joint mode.
Last edit: 02 Apr 2016 01:21 by dannym.

More
02 Apr 2016 02:22 #72549 by Todd Zuercher
How were you trying to move them? If you were trying to move them with an incremental jog command. Incremental jogging doesn't work in world mode.

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds