Z axis jog moves spindle only incrementally

More
04 Feb 2016 14:18 #69580 by norbertfarquharsh
Thank again for the help and it now appears to be working and will run programs. I did use the configuration that RIck last sent me.

In answer to RIck's last question, I had read the section on Homing Sequence and will readily admit that I could never completely digest all the options and their interactions. Like it approximately says in the Sherlock Holmes stories, it seems simple once it is explained, but I could never fully explain it to myself and still am not confident that I could make anything work.

Thanks again to all.

Joe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Feb 2016 14:40 #69582 by Rick G
Glad you got it sorted out!

Homing has confused many others in the past, but seems simpler once you have it working.

Rick G

More
07 Feb 2016 20:02 #69744 by norbertfarquharsh
Thanks for all the help in the past. At this point, I have made progress with all the help.

But now need assistance in an area that I am not certain whether I should even ask for help as possibly there is a coding problem.
I am attaching two programs that I have written and will run on my machine, but in the first one (firstone.ngc_ the Z axis goes down towards the XY plane when the Z axis runs a positive number. However, when I run the second one (tabledrill.ngc) I would swear that the drill cycle is upward.

Excuse me if I am asking this question in the wrong forum.
Joe
Attachments:

More
07 Feb 2016 20:07 #69745 by norbertfarquharsh
It looks like t he attached files did not make it so I will try again.

File Attachment:

File Name: firstone-2-3.ngc
File Size:0 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: tabledrill-2.ngc
File Size:0 KB
Attachments:

More
07 Feb 2016 21:19 #69749 by Todd Zuercher
First I wonder if you've made a machine config blunder. Normally machines are configured such that Z- moves the spindle down towards the work piece and Z+ moves it up. So if you've configured your machine so that Z- moves up, a canned drilling cycle like G81 would drill up instead of down.

More
09 Feb 2016 00:36 #69802 by norbertfarquharsh
Thank you very much for your reply.
Originally, I had the Z axis configured to go positive down and then concluded that the canned cycles would not accept that so I changed it around so it was negative down and still could not get the canned cycles to work properly.
What you have confirmed is that I do not know how to properly program canned cycles.
So I will convert it back to negative down and try some more to get it to work.

Joe

More
09 Feb 2016 00:39 #69803 by andypugh

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds