Glass scale Inductosyn to quadrature

More
09 May 2016 11:26 - 09 May 2016 11:27 #74404 by emcPT
Hello.

I have a equipment with linear glass scales of type Inductosyn. I need to translate the output to quadrature so that I can use the signals with linuxcnc.
From the original set up, the board that was receiving the output from the linear scales does not have any sort of quadrature output and I believe that it feeds the controller directly with absolute position information.

The linear scale pinout is here:

Does anyone have experience with such linear scale type and know its use?

I could though away the current linear scales and place another (3 units with very hard access points) but I feel that this solution would prove to be very expensive and hard work.
Information or guidance from experience is needed.

Thank you
Attachments:
Last edit: 09 May 2016 11:27 by emcPT.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 May 2016 17:08 #74417 by PCW
Is there a part number?

More
09 May 2016 17:42 #74418 by emcPT
Brand: Selca (Italy)

I cannot find a part number (maybe A4110 is the only thing that does not look like a serial number).

This is probably not a glass scale as I opened the item and I can see a copper film similar to a absolute encoder, plus something like a quadrature signal (just what I wanted in the output, but not impressed on the film :silly: ).

More
09 May 2016 17:55 #74419 by emcPT
This is the board to which the scales are connected. No output is made from this to outside.

Attachments:

More
09 May 2016 18:33 #74422 by emcPT
I am also looking at this:

forum.linuxcnc.org/forum/49-basic-config...ed-to-close-the-loop

where most of the information says that is probably better to avoid the scales.... Maybe I am complicating to much and probably adding a high resolution encoder will suit my needs, even more that I do not even know the actual resolution of the current scales.

More
01 Jul 2019 08:06 - 01 Jul 2019 08:11 #138288 by HalaszAttila
Hello,

i have a large cnc machine with Heindenhein Linear Inductosyn resolvers.
But i dont know how i can convert signals to use with Linuxcnc.
The MESA 7I49 card is suitable for these type of resolvers?
Attachments:
Last edit: 01 Jul 2019 08:11 by HalaszAttila.

More
01 Jul 2019 11:35 #138291 by Todd Zuercher
Probably should start your own new thread on this subject,

But answering a couple of questions should be helpful for those helping you..

Do you know how the old control was using them? (Is there some kind of a translator box between them and the control. That green box next to the reader head looks like a good candidate for such a device.)

Are the servo drives reading feedback from them directly? Often if the servo is reading the feed back directly from a resolver, then the drive will output a synthesized encoder signal to the control for feedback.

If the control is reading a regular resolver signal directly from those, then the Mesa 7i49 would probably be the right thing to use. If not then you probably need something else.

More
02 Jul 2019 06:06 #138371 by HalaszAttila
- The machine is Italian made from year 1982.
- I attach the photo of preamplifier green box. The red box is for excitation of primer coil, and in it is just a little transformer in it.
- After preamp box the resolver signals goes directly to control unit card (photo attached) and these blue signal converter units makes digital 12 bit position signals. (I don`t know how these 12 bit signals works - the scale is not absolute).
- The servo drivers are form `80-s and has no resolver input, just tachogenerator.

I don`t see similar yet. I use Heidenhein 1Vpp and 11uApp resolvers with EXE. But this is something else. :(
I cant find any information from reading head AB OSAI 9290750W.

Attachments:

More
02 Jul 2019 06:13 #138373 by HalaszAttila
Attachments:

More
01 Feb 2020 07:34 #156289 by aventtini
Hi did you found a convertor for this ? I olso have a large machine that use inductosyn

Time to create page: 0.224 seconds