Glass scale Inductosyn to quadrature

More
01 Feb 2020 08:16 #156292 by aleksamc
As I know, as default at old cnc machines was used triangular form signak Ia, Ib and Ic. Ib shifted to Ia on 90 degrees, Ic has preriod for example 10mm.
Can you show your output signals from osciloscope?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Feb 2020 09:00 #156294 by aventtini
I did not test but for sure we need a converter, or to hijack the signals from the original board. I have done this on tnc155 controller. There is a company vega cnc that has this convertor but is 1300$ .it must be a way to use the original bords to get the signal comverted

More
01 Feb 2020 17:25 #156308 by aleksamc
If you want to make serious work, you need to check quality of your signal anyway moreover if you use optical ruler devices.
When you will be sure about your real signal, than you can apply converter to it.

More
02 Feb 2020 16:29 #156384 by HalaszAttila
Hello,

i use the Vega cnc inductosyn to encoder converter cards for machine, and it works ok. I would be easier than install new linear scales for machine with 2-4 meter long travels.

More
27 Oct 2021 17:36 #224526 by HalaszAttila
Hello, what is your expreience with inductosyn + vega converter? I use this combo too on a large bohrwerk, but the linearity of feedback signal is very bad. All axis are bouncing. I have a large rotary inductosyn encoder above rotary table. The nonlinearoty on this axis is a larger. When the table rotates i can sense the bounceing movement 360 times per full circle.
Cna you share how do you setup the converter? I follow the documentation but the result is not ideal.

Time to create page: 0.429 seconds