OKK MCH630-II Retrofit - Possible for a newb?

More
13 Jul 2016 14:11 #77398 by andypugh

The Meldas control is at Mitsubishi, not the Amp Drives. The Amp drives appear to be functioning properly.

Meldas seems to be a brand of drive made my Mitsubishi too, hence my confusion.

There seem to be too many connections on the RG101 cards, do you know what they are for?

I think Step 1 has to be to find any documentation you can for the points of the original system that "touch" the LinuxCNC system.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jul 2016 15:25 #77402 by Utry2win
The connections to the servo amp are as follows...

(looking at the Y axis drive)
CN2Y = feedback from the motor encoder
CN3Y = Feedback from glass scale
the 6 heavy wires below CN3Y are 3-phase in/out
The two smaller wires I am unsure of at this time, but possibly tachometer?
The two large silver connectors to the left go from the Medlas control and daisy chains from drive to drive. There is a dip switch on the top board of each drive that you set to assign it which axis it is controlling.

I hope that is clearer than mudd. I really appreciate your help and feedback about this project. I do have all the original manuals for the machine, which is promising, but it does not have things like information about the breakdown on the IO of the servo amps themselves, I will have to start digging deep and see if I can find something.
Attachments:

More
13 Jul 2016 16:11 #77405 by BigJohnT
You might trace the black and white wire out and see where they end up an if that sheds any light on the connections.

JT

More
13 Jul 2016 17:02 - 13 Jul 2016 17:02 #77408 by PCW
I suspect the servo drives are these ones ((MR-S11 xxxx)
Here's a link I found:

s3.amazonaws.com/Icarus/DOCUMENTS/Mitsubishi_Manuals_1060.pdf

Unfortunately these are smart drives that use some kind of serial or parallel bussed connection
to the controller (they are neither analog nor step/direction) so will be hard to drive.

There might be some hope if the interface protocol/register map was documented somewhere
Last edit: 13 Jul 2016 17:02 by PCW.

More
13 Jul 2016 17:11 #77411 by Utry2win
Good eye PCW! I looked a little closer, and behind the 3-Phase power connections I found the model number sticker for the whole drive unit. Looks like the Z uses MR-S11-300-E01 amp, X and Y use MR-S11-200-E01, and the 4th uses MR-S11-100-E01.

More
13 Jul 2016 17:14 #77412 by Utry2win

You might trace the black and white wire out and see where they end up an if that sheds any light on the connections.

JT

The manual PCW linked shows the black and white wires to be the motor thermostat for overheat detection.

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds