Plasma Questions

More
22 Jan 2017 21:45 #86429 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Plasma Questions

Anyway, as you can see, I've still got plenty to do...

But I ordered one :)

Quoting yourself???
To much pressure! :) :) :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jan 2017 10:13 #86464 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Plasma Questions

I can't help thinking that for this sort of data acquisition a storage scope might be the right tool.

Where would the fun be in that? I'm a DIY kinda guy.. 40 years ago I might have had the resources of my Uni's engineering department at my disposal, but sadly this is not the case today...

Quoting yourself???
To much pressure! :) :) :)

Tommy, Thanks, nothing like a bit of fun among the serious stuff. :):)

I figured I had enough to do with my head immersed in HAL all weekend to allow myself to be distracted with the Arduino stuff. But I cold not help myself! :woohoo: :woohoo:

More
12 Feb 2017 18:02 #87878 by grijalvap
Replied by grijalvap on topic Plasma Questions
One more question.

anybody know how to start from a specific point in the path, not at the beginning of a shape but at a specific point.

suppose you are cutting a square shape and the consumable gets damaged and plasma turn off at the middle of the line
then you change the consumable and want to start from that point.

how can i do?

More
12 Feb 2017 19:05 #87880 by tommylight
You can select the parts directly on the preview window, or at the lower part of the screen where the gcode is, just select the line you want tonstart from and right clickbon it, then click on "run from here".
You can not start from parts of arcs, but from any straight line it works always.

More
04 Apr 2017 16:33 - 25 May 2017 19:34 #90871 by LulaNord
Replied by LulaNord on topic Plasma Questions
Hi....there are 2 sub routines for finding the plate in the wiki, there is one more made by BigJT and there is one that comes with gcodetools for Inkscape under the tools library. I personally do not use any of them,I have all that implemented in hal .
Also for the third question, the pierce height is always higher than the cut height so after getting the arc OK signal and starting the move on the x/y plane it takes a short time to get to cut height while the torch is moving. So there are 2 factors you can use to achieve what you describe under number 3.

prototype pcb assembly
Last edit: 25 May 2017 19:34 by LulaNord.

More
04 Apr 2017 18:37 #90876 by tommylight

Hi....there are 2 sub routines for finding the plate in the wiki, there is one more made by BigJT and there is one that comes with gcodetools for Inkscape under the tools library. I personally do not use any of them,I have all that implemented in hal .
Also for the third question, the pierce height is always higher than the cut height so after getting the arc OK signal and starting the move on the x/y plane it takes a short time to get to cut height while the torch is moving. So there are 2 factors you can use to achieve what you describe under number 3.

Why is this a copy/paste from a post made earlier by me???
Is there a question that i missed somewhere?

More
02 May 2017 22:02 #92548 by grijalvap
Hi I finally get the MESA 7I87 analog input card but, but I saw in the mesa driver there is not support for this serial card
Do you know if there is any plan to include this card in the driver
is nay walk around I can implement.

More
02 May 2017 22:32 #92550 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Plasma Questions
_All_ smart-serial cards ought to work. Part of the point of smart-serial is that no special drivers are needed for any card of that type.

Just plug it in, it will work.

More
02 May 2017 22:51 #92551 by grijalvap
It is what I did but not work, actually I see SSPORT in Hal components bun I haven't seen any input output pin.
I can check again this afternoon.

More
02 May 2017 23:09 #92553 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Plasma Questions
Yes, as long the 7I87 is powered and connected to a sserial port on the host it should just
work.

A red light on the 7I87 means power is on but no communications are running.
A blinking green light means communications are running

There is deliberately no specific card support for sserial devices on the linuxCNC side
as the cards are supposed to be detected and proper hal pins created based on information read from
the remote sserial card itself.

Time to create page: 0.120 seconds