HAL and INI file Lathe cnc with 2 servomotors and 3 encoders ( 1 for spindl)

More
13 Feb 2017 13:16 #87905 by Nondepietjes
Hi,

I'm new with linux cnc and i'm searching for an example of a Hal. or INI. file for a lathe cnc machine.
I use a 5i25 an 7i77 mesa card.
The cnc machine has 2 servo motor and 3 encoders. 2 for position of the axis and one for the spindle.
Many thanks for the respons.

kind regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Feb 2017 14:16 #87909 by Todd Zuercher
I don't think there are any sample configurations exactly like what your looking for included with Linuxcnc. But The PNCconf Wizard should be able to quickly set up a simple basic config with those parameters.

More
13 Feb 2017 14:49 #87911 by Nondepietjes
And how can you make a pin actif for testing? witch command do i use in the terminal?

More
13 Feb 2017 16:08 #87914 by Todd Zuercher
You can run halrun from the command line, then load and configure the Hostmot2 driver, then setp the pins you want to test. But it would probably be simpler to use Pncconf to build a basic config, and then test the pins with that running.

Remember the 7i77 must be fully powered (both 5v logic and 12-24v field power for all the io pins to work.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nondepietjes

More
14 Feb 2017 12:19 #87949 by Nondepietjes
I incounterd a new problem. when i'm starting linux cnc and i want to turn it on. I get an error joint 0 on limit switch error.
Is there a simple explanation for this?

Thanks in advance

More
14 Feb 2017 13:36 #87951 by Todd Zuercher
If your machine is not in fact on the limit switch, and your wiring/limit signal is good. You probably just need to invert the limit signal. Instead of using hm2_5i25.0.7i77.0.0.input-nn, use hm2_5i25.0.7i77.0.0.input-nn-not

More
16 Feb 2017 10:22 #88042 by Nondepietjes
Hi,

Does someone has an idea of how to integrade an gladevcp file into you .INI en .HAL file? i don't find mutch info on the net.
thanks in advance

More
16 Feb 2017 15:16 #88053 by Todd Zuercher

More
20 Feb 2017 12:30 #88334 by Nondepietjes
Hey,

First of all, thank you for answering my previous questions and sorry for my bad Englisch.
I have another question. I have a servo drive indramat TDM 1 and i cant figure out how to connect it to the 7I77 mesa card. there are 3 cables connected to the drive. E1, E2 and RF. how do i connect these?

Thanks in advance

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

pg 26
Attachments:

More
20 Feb 2017 17:36 #88363 by lakeweb
RF connects to ENAx- and ENAx+ goes to + field supply. There was no explicit spec that I saw as to if the input is a sink so you may need to add a resistor to ground. Just one place where it, .3ma to 3ma, but I saw no explanation. You should go in with a voltmeter and pull up resistor to confirm if you really need to add a resistor to ground, but you probably don't.

Then E1 goes to AOUTx and E2 goes to GND. See pages 9 and 14 of the 7i77man.pdf for information about the ANALOG SERVO DRIVE INTERFACE.

If you are not comfortable with electrical circuits, get a fiend that is to help.

That you are here now and had previously asked about the joint error, take a break and understand how the machine will work before you just hook up wires. Do you have the DRO reading out yet? That comes first.

Best, Dan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nondepietjes

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds