HAL and INI file Lathe cnc with 2 servomotors and 3 encoders ( 1 for spindl)

More
20 Feb 2017 19:03 #88374 by Nondepietjes
First of all thank you for the explenation, it is of great help.
And the DRO is not connected i think.Ii know what it means (digital readout) but don't think that i connected it yet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Feb 2017 19:15 #88375 by lakeweb
Yes, Digital Readout. They are not just to show numbers in the LinxuCNC UI, It is a position feedback for the motion controller. You can't move the machine without them. Get them hooked up and confirm they work before moving on.

Best, Dan.

More
20 Feb 2017 19:25 - 20 Feb 2017 19:28 #88376 by Nondepietjes
Ah yes i see. but the feedback is connected to the servo drives and on the ball screw of the x-axis sits an other encoder fo the position. so the system works with two encoders. one integraded on the servo motor and one on de ball screw of the x-axis. or is the DRO something else and 'm i comletly wrong?
Last edit: 20 Feb 2017 19:28 by Nondepietjes.

More
20 Feb 2017 19:52 - 20 Feb 2017 20:02 #88378 by lakeweb
Yes, there are two feedbacks. The servo amp feedback has nothing to do with LinuxCNC, it is to control the motor with the inertia of the system. If this is not a previously running machine you may need to tune the servo drivers. The manual says it comes pre-tuned for the motors but they can not know the mass of your machine parts and it may need tweaking. And again, non of this has anything to do with LinuxCNC.

The position feedback to LinuxCNC is what keeps the machine where it should be.
Figure 75, page 113 of your servo pdf is the bigger picture of what is going on.

And to answer your question, yes, the ball screw encoder is what you feedback to the 7i77. It is often called DRO, but it also lets LinuxCNC know where the machine is so it can keep it correctly positioned. If LinuxCNC does not see the machine move by this connection, and move properly, it will fault.

ADDED: Do not make any adjustments to the servo amp unless you absolutely know you need to and you absolutely know how. If you get it out of adjustment you may never get it right.

Best, Dan.
Last edit: 20 Feb 2017 20:02 by lakeweb.

More
20 Feb 2017 21:13 - 21 Feb 2017 07:09 #88396 by Nondepietjes
So first i have to connect the servo of the ball screw and than next connect the servo drives. But thé cables of the feedback to the servo drives i wasn't going to ajust or replace them.

Thank for all the info. It is verry verry helpfull!!! I have to retrofit An old gildenmeistet md5 it lathe for my endexame for my scool.
Last edit: 21 Feb 2017 07:09 by Nondepietjes.

More
21 Feb 2017 15:24 #88429 by Nondepietjes
How do i calculate the scale output of a glass lineair encoder?
H know how to do it with a rotary encoder but i can't reach all components and i don't have any info on this.
anybody any solutions or ideas?

Thans in advance

More
21 Feb 2017 18:19 #88444 by lakeweb
Hi,
You can go here for a complete explanation. down at 2.10.2. But it should be ENCODER_SCALE= pulses per units. units being inches or mm. Try what you come up with and then move by hand with a ruler to see if the DRO matches up. When I set mine I had to divide what I thought it should be by 100, I'm still trying to understand why that was so.

More
22 Feb 2017 13:32 #88496 by Nondepietjes
On my CNC machiene i have a hydraulic clamp and a revolver toolholder. i didn't find any presettings in the pnccofig so has anybody some info how to connect these?

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds