Linuxcnc error

More
20 Apr 2017 21:49 #91727 by chelseafan
Replied by chelseafan on topic Linuxcnc error
It is Linuxcnc 2.8 I have. That's what come on the machine

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Apr 2017 22:12 #91728 by chelseafan
Could it be a firmware issue with the mesa boards?

More
20 Apr 2017 22:44 #91730 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Linuxcnc error
There have been some improvements in noise immunity
in the 5I25 firmware if you have firmware more than a couple of
years old.

This might affect the 7I76 card detection (and therefore 7I76 signals) if there's
a noise issue in the DB25 cable, but note, this cannot affect the missing
joint.0.home-sw-in pin. This indicates that either you are not running LinuxCNC2.8
(it is possible to have multiple versions on one system) or perhaps that LinuxCNCs motion
module did not load for some reason

More
20 Apr 2017 23:24 #91734 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Linuxcnc error
You should really check the connections and power supplies in the machine. Way to many things missing. Check if all the switches are geting power if they should, check the power supplies for stable voltage or voltahe drops or when starting Linuxcnc if any power supply turns off for a moment as the other electronics are activated, etc.
Also check if the connectors on the Mesa board are correctly inserted on their respective places.

More
21 Apr 2017 09:21 #91759 by chelseafan
im fairly sure its loading 2.8, its present in the error file saying linuxcnc 2.8 and also when I go to open linuxcnc with the orac configuration for a second the linuxcnc small screen comes up saying loading and it says 2.8.
as for not loading linuxcnc motion is there a way of checking this?

what i found strange is i got some notes on a usb telling me to start linuxcnc through terminal emulator typing a code but this didnt work and i couldnt understand why you would need to as linuxcnc is in the applications menu and a short cut on the desktop.

More
21 Apr 2017 09:32 #91760 by chelseafan
ill take the side off the computer and check the board in there is seated correctly. ive checked all wires are tight and the board has power. i haven't checked the voltage on home pins when powering machine or linuxcnc so i could do this to see what happens. all supplies seem to be on and working. 3ph converter is all powered up as well as all the mesa boards and relay boards. when the machine is turned on and linuxcnc is loaded you can here the motor noise change for a split second before error screen so its trying to do something. everything seems to be good with the machine, so from what i can see either the machine is wired up wrong or the config is not right to the machine or as state may be something isnt loading correctly.

More
21 Apr 2017 13:01 #91779 by tommylight
Can we see what is in the usb regarding the terminal?

More
21 Apr 2017 13:47 #91785 by chelseafan
thats gone striaght over my head im afraid, what do you mean?

More
21 Apr 2017 20:48 #91805 by tommylight

thats gone striaght over my head im afraid, what do you mean?

LOL
Sorry was on the phone and busy hauling my new/very old lathe to a friends workshop as i have no space for it for now.
You mentioned there is something in that USB pertaining to writing something on the terminal. Can you copy and paste here what htose lines are?
Thank you.

More
21 Apr 2017 21:31 #91810 by chelseafan
./start-Linuxcnc.sh
That's what I was told to write in the emulator to start Linux cnc. Doesn't work.

Something strange happened tonight when I tried it I didn't get home pin does not exists I got joint 0 vel pin doesn't exist. Then the second time and any time after that it came back.

Didn't get chance to look inside pc to check board is seated right I'll do that tomorrow

Time to create page: 0.149 seconds