mesa 5i25 and mx4660 installation and configuration

More
29 May 2017 15:31 #93797 by goofy
Thats exactly my problem. I went through pncconf, generated "a machine" but nothing happens. More precisely, the steppers doesnt do anything. Thatswhy I thought it would be nice to have at least the pncconf as good as possible to get closer to any other missconfiguration or something else.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 May 2017 17:58 #93803 by tommylight
What does the sudo mesaflash --device 5i25 --readhmid say?

More
29 May 2017 19:26 #93813 by goofy
It gives out several information about the previous loaded configuration for the mx4660. Especially the pin allocation. The Output is in MesaConf.txt in my previous post.

More
30 May 2017 15:36 #93844 by andypugh
Just one point, unrelated to your current problems, you probably want to select "no parallel ports"

Do your stepper drives need to be enabled? Are the motors locked or free?

More
31 May 2017 03:00 #93866 by PCW
Also for testing you should disable the charge pump (since its not setup by pncconf)
and use generous vales for step time (say 5000 ns)

More
01 Jun 2017 07:43 - 01 Jun 2017 07:44 #93917 by goofy
Thanks for your reply. I got the steppers moving!

First issue was the Parport. I thought, that the Mesacard is a Parport. So I checked the "none".
Second point was the Jumper for "Chargepump" and "Smoother" on the MX4660. Now they are both on.
Third problem was the scale calculation window. It writes strange values after configuration. Maybe its about comma and point notation in numbers?

I attached the config folder.

Next steps: complete and refine the initial configuration in pnc conf. I will keep you up to date!

Thanks
Mathias

File Attachment:

File Name: my_LinuxCN...e.tar.gz
File Size:40 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 01 Jun 2017 07:44 by goofy. Reason: I forgot the Attachments.

More
01 Jun 2017 12:13 #93922 by andypugh
The archive contains at least three configs. I assume you are asking about the my_LinuxCNC_machine one?

Step-scales of 2000 steps per mm(?) seem believable for high microstep ratios or gearing. What numbers would you expect?

You limits seem large, unless the machine really is approximately as big as a planet. (and I think we would have noticed it)

More
01 Jun 2017 13:42 - 01 Jun 2017 13:49 #93930 by goofy
your are right, its my_LinuxCNC_machine.

the limits are that generous, to have enough space on my table to jog over... The true machine is 3000x1500x190mm.
The stepscale should represent the hardware selected microstepping of 10. It is a Rack and pinion drive with gear. At the end, one revolution will move the axis ca. 38 mm. So the Scale means steps per mm?
Do you know how to set the timings? The values I have added were just copied from ...
I want the machine to run in rapid mode 12m/min.

For me its very interesting to configure the xyyz. I want to have a "homing corner" with a touch probe and softlimits. So I plan to use 4 proximity switches. If you have any further hints for me, It would be great.

Thanks
Mathias
Last edit: 01 Jun 2017 13:49 by goofy. Reason: Wrong numbers...

More
01 Jun 2017 13:55 #93933 by andypugh
If 1 rev = 38mm and you have 200-step motors are 10x microstepping then the STEP_SCALE should be 52.63 steps per mm.

More
07 Jun 2017 15:46 #94240 by goofy
Hello,

I just want to update you about my progress and the new questions that arose. First some pictures of my switch cabinet. Maybe its not high end, but we are very proud of it!

We wired the motors and 1 of the 4 proximity switches. The problem is now, that I want to have the cleaner, the vacuum pump and the spindle controlled by relays. But when I turn on the Linuxcnc Computer first, it sends a high signal to the Output connection, that means, the relays stay tuned until I start Linuxcnc itself. Have you got any idea how to keep the signal low?

After connection all the hardware, we will try to put our hands on the refinement of the configuration. the idea here is, to have the y-switches at the back of the machine, the x-switch at the left side, and the z-switch on top of the z-axis. Furthermore I would like to home all axis in the back left corner of the machine and measure the toollength as well there.

I will attach the pncconf and hal. If you have any advice, it would be great!

Thanks Mathias

File Attachment:

File Name: configsBac...7.tar.gz
File Size:37 KB

Time to create page: 0.977 seconds