PCI Parport 2 not recognized

More
04 Nov 2017 22:35 - 04 Nov 2017 22:37 #101339 by Bello
Replied by Bello on topic PCI Parport 2 not recognized
I'm using a dedicated hardware, not Pico, Pluto or Mesa one....
I will try with another PCI if I able to find and buy a newest....and let you know.
but now I'm curiouse....could i use another thing instead the parallels?
Last edit: 04 Nov 2017 22:37 by Bello.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Nov 2017 22:41 #101341 by andypugh

I'm using a dedicated hardware, not Pico, Pluto or Mesa one....
I will try with another PCI if I able to find and buy a newest....and let you know.

I am not sure if "newest" is the best answer, the parallel port is quite old and the newer hardware seems to be less compliant with the old standards.
If you can find anything with "Oxford Semiconductor" or "OxSemi" then those work properly. So do the Moschip ones if you don't want EPP.

but now I'm curiouse....could i use another thing instead the parallels?

Lots of options. wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?LinuxCNC_Supported_Hardware

Pico and Mesa are the best supported on this forum. (and almost certainly the most popular)

More
04 Nov 2017 23:25 #101342 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic PCI Parport 2 not recognized
I have not used a Mesa 5i25/7i76 combination but I do have a Mesa 7i76e which is an ethernet version of the same 2 cards so it will be very similar. It gives you 5 step generators (Stepgens), 16 outputs and 32 inputs and a spindle control. Plus it offers 2 MPG inputs and it has basically unlimited expansion. Those that have upgraded from a parallel port say that it is much smoother in operation and gives them higher rapid speeds.

In short, It makes a parallel port system look like its in kindergarten.

More
06 Nov 2017 12:03 #101414 by Bello
Replied by Bello on topic PCI Parport 2 not recognized
quick update
I have replaced the Timidia SUN1888 card with a newest Axis Netmos one and it's workling as expected.
So I think the issue is on Timidia Dual card or something wrong in the configuration....
my Timidia card is the same at link:
wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Startech

Here I saw that could works because at link

forum.linuxcnc.org/18-computer/6401-sun1...onfiguration-problem

a person has it worked but with no the same issue on the signals but I cannot understand which could be the root cause here.

What you think about install Ubuntu 16 LTS instead the existing one Wheezy preinstalled IMG?

More
06 Nov 2017 12:33 #101417 by andypugh
I don't think that the OS version can have any effect here. LinuxCNC supplies its own driver and that hasn't changed for years.

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds