How do I get Linux cnc out of E-Stop?

More
22 Nov 2017 17:41 #102204 by royKO1405
I am struggling with this problem, I have checked my wiring which is fine so much so when I approach the router it starts to test itself, I have tried reversing the polarity no difference. The software just sits there with the E-stop on and everything else greyed out. I am getting suicidal almost tempted to buy Mach 3. HELP PLEASE.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Nov 2017 17:55 #102207 by bevins

I am struggling with this problem, I have checked my wiring which is fine so much so when I approach the router it starts to test itself, I have tried reversing the polarity no difference. The software just sits there with the E-stop on and everything else greyed out. I am getting suicidal almost tempted to buy Mach 3. HELP PLEASE.

Short the e-stop circuit heading into Linuxcnc and see if that fixes the issue. If it does, then your problem is wiring, switches etc......

At least a starting point, but you really need to provide more info on your system.

More
22 Nov 2017 19:32 #102213 by royKO1405
Hi mate thanks for getting in touch I have tried what you suggested and got the same result. I apologize for not including details of my machine I was at a very low point. My machine is a home built 3 Axis router using Nema 23 Stepper motors and the infamous TB6560 Chinese Blue Board. I have set it all up using the wizards and in test mode it runs well. The calibration was a bit of a problem but once I understood what it was asking for it is good. I had electrical noise problems on my limit switches but after reading an article on the forum I built a board with relays on it and that has cut out the noise problem. All that I am left with is this E-stop problem. I am getting really frustrated as I can see the machine move but I can't play. I do not know any one close to home that I can bounce ideas off, so again thanks for the response. If there is any other information that you require let me know, finding the information may help me get to grips with the problem

More
22 Nov 2017 20:54 - 22 Nov 2017 20:57 #102218 by bevins

Hi mate thanks for getting in touch I have tried what you suggested and got the same result. I apologize for not including details of my machine I was at a very low point. My machine is a home built 3 Axis router using Nema 23 Stepper motors and the infamous TB6560 Chinese Blue Board. I have set it all up using the wizards and in test mode it runs well. The calibration was a bit of a problem but once I understood what it was asking for it is good. I had electrical noise problems on my limit switches but after reading an article on the forum I built a board with relays on it and that has cut out the noise problem. All that I am left with is this E-stop problem. I am getting really frustrated as I can see the machine move but I can't play. I do not know any one close to home that I can bounce ideas off, so again thanks for the response. If there is any other information that you require let me know, finding the information may help me get to grips with the problem

How do you have your estop configured in hal? Your driver docs show pin 13 on P port.
Last edit: 22 Nov 2017 20:57 by bevins.

More
22 Nov 2017 21:03 #102220 by Todd Zuercher
What User interface are you using?
How did you create your machine configuration?
Did you configure Linuxcnc for a hardware E-stop, or do you only have the default UI controls?

If you only have the default UI controls, with most of the UIs you can either click on the onscreen e-stop button, then click the "Machine-on" to start the machine, or you can use the keyboard shortcuts of F1 (e-stop) and F2 (machine-on).

If you have a real e-stop button, you could have a wiring problem, or a hal configuration problem preventing the machine from coming out of e-stop.
If you would share your configuration files we could look them over for mistakes.

More
23 Nov 2017 17:54 #102266 by royKO1405
Hi Todd
The questions that you are asking I do not know. I ran the stepconfig wizard and it built the files. I have installed Debian Wheezy and Linuxcnc 2.7. This is an area where I am a total newby but I know I have to learn it. I have uploaded my files for you to look at. On my system I have a pin for a probe what do I need to put in HAL to maker it work?

Best regards

Roy
Attachments:

More
23 Nov 2017 18:02 #102267 by bevins
IS your classic ladder setup? Your e-stop is tied to ClassicLadder, so start the CL user interface and see what its doing.

More
26 Nov 2017 17:19 #102357 by andypugh

I have uploaded my files for you to look at.

I have a feeling that you might not even want Classic Ladder (that's the built-in software PLC) in your config.

As an experiment, try commenting out all of this section in your HAL:
net estop-out <= iocontrol.0.user-enable-out

# **** Setup for external estop ladder program -START ****

net estop-out => classicladder.0.in-00
net estop-ext => classicladder.0.in-01
net estop-strobe classicladder.0.in-02 <= iocontrol.0.user-request-enable
net estop-outcl classicladder.0.out-00 => iocontrol.0.emc-enable-in

# **** Setup for external estop ladder program -END ****

And replace it with the more usual minimal loop:
net estop-loop  iocontrol.0.user-enable-out => iocontrol.0.emc-enable-in

More
27 Nov 2017 17:58 #102392 by royKO1405
Hi Andy
Thanks for your suggestion and I will give it a try. At present I am having a problem with Linux, since my power cut I can only load Linux from CD as the files on the computer are damaged and I do not know how to format my drive C in Linux. Each time I try to put a fresh image onto drive C it just loads the bits that it wants and puts them in the existing files; then when I reboot the machine from Drive C it just loads in the old damaged files and when I try to run Linux CNC it brings up the error notice and I cannot get shut of it.

I did a step wizard this morning and got error messages about the limit switch 0,1,2 what causes them do they require inverting? I disconnected the mill and tried it in simulated mode and got the same error messages. I have seen them appear many times on YouTube but the presenters just discard them without explaining what causes them but again they shut down the process so I can't even use the simulation.

I hope you can help as this is driving me crazy.

More
27 Nov 2017 20:19 #102399 by andypugh
I thought that the liveCD installer had the option to format the HD prior to install, but I just tried it and couldn't see a way.

You should be able to boot from the LiveCD then open a terminal window and erase the drive contents that way.

The dd method here should work.
www.cyberciti.biz/faq/linux-remove-all-p...ons-data-empty-disk/

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds