Orient, modes 1 and 2 work, cannot do mode 0

More
20 Jan 2018 10:33 #104740 by raglanlittlejohn
I'm using orient as shown in this schematic. I can get it to work ok turning the spindle by hand,(I'm waiting for a new vfd which should run the motor slow enough to stop in position).
I cannot get it to work in mode 0. This is were it turns the spindle to the commanded position, cw or ccw, whichever is closest.
I think it will be quite usable in mode 1 only, but am interested to know if theres something wrong with the way I've set it up.

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jan 2018 11:11 #104770 by andypugh
This might not be the problem, but you are passing a degrees value to motion.spindle-revs, and that needs to be a 1-per-rev signal.

Note that the orient component does scaling. It expects a 0 to 360 input for the angle, but a 0 to 1 input elsewhere and has a 0 to 1 output.
The following user(s) said Thank You: raglanlittlejohn

More
22 Jan 2018 20:30 #104866 by raglanlittlejohn
With Andy's advice, I've managed to get the orient to work in all three modes. I would also like to get the spindle position to reset to zero on an encoder index pulse, prior to running M19. I know this has been done before using a mux4 component, but am not sure how this was done.

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Attachments:

More
23 Jan 2018 12:46 #104887 by andypugh
I think the neatest way to home the spindle to index (which might be very useful in cases where the spindle can spin faster than the counter can manage, which need not necessarily preclude spindle-synched motion up to a limted speed) would be to add the orient component to the index-enable net.

I can imagine adding a parameter "index-delta" that is added to the current position command output in order to force the spindle to spin until the index is found.

More
23 Jan 2018 18:25 #104908 by raglanlittlejohn
Andy, out of interest, would a G76 sequence sync up the index, so that M19 would work correctly?.

More
23 Jan 2018 22:07 #104923 by raglanlittlejohn
Andy, please could you explain how to add the orient component to the index-enable net. Is the index-enable net
something like net spindle-index-enable hm2_5i25.0.encoder.02.index-enable <=> motion.spindle-index-enable.
When you say 'add the orient component', do you mean one of its pins is to be added?.
Sorry to be a pain, but I think I've nearly got it working now, and looking forward to trying it on my new vfd when it turns up.

More
24 Jan 2018 07:16 #104931 by andypugh
I was suggesting modifications to orient.comp to allow this.

I get home from Lapland tonight, I might have a look into this.

More
03 Feb 2018 22:15 #105375 by raglanlittlejohn
I've used classicladder and a pyvcp panel to 'home' the spindle. All working well now. Thanks again to Andy Pugh for your advice on setting up the encoder etc.

Attachments:

More
04 Feb 2018 08:52 #105391 by Mike_Eitel
Hi Andy
Have you seen and touched some reindeer?
Very nice experience!

Time to create page: 0.161 seconds