Servo Dynamic SD1525

More
08 Apr 2020 01:32 #163140 by OT-CNC
Replied by OT-CNC on topic Servo Dynamic SD1525
No, I did not. The Z drive would fault on start up most of the time. I could reset it and it would run all day no issues. I just changed all my drives over to newer amc units. The old ones had a high pitch whine that was getting to me. Are your drives of the same vintage or are they newer and quiet? I may be putting the drives up on fleabay if you need a replacement. The X and Y are fine. I just have to cut some metal with the new ones to prove everything is working correctly before I list the old ones.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Apr 2020 18:47 #163223 by PeterTheWolf
Replied by PeterTheWolf on topic Servo Dynamic SD1525
Yes ... Mine is the same vintage and the same drive boards. And Yes ... it has the high pitch whine as well. I too do not like it, so I wear ear plugs. I would be interested if buying you good boards. What would you be asking for them? I purchased this machine to teach myself on how to retrofit it. The controller was junk and the machine did not work when I purchased it. I ripped the old controller off and kept the power supply, servos, and drives. I put the DynoMotion controller on it. If I cannot fix these drives, I will end up going with the SnapAmp from DynoMotion. That would replace they older drives.
I think it is the capacitors that are acting up on my one axis.
Thanks for the reply.

More
08 Apr 2020 19:37 #163228 by OT-CNC
I would not need much for them. I'll save them for you if you can work with them. I just have to make sure everything works correctly with my new drives first, so I need a bit more time for testing before I can part with them. The X and Y is good with pot settings not touched and matched for bp with sem motors. Which may or may not need further adjustment for your application.
Did the request connection thing work?

More
08 Apr 2020 21:00 #163239 by PeterTheWolf
Hey, That would be great. Please let me know when you are ready for payment and shipping address. I am assuming there is a way to go private on this forum?
Thanks Again!!

More
08 Apr 2020 21:16 #163240 by OT-CNC
I don't think there is a real PM thing here. Or at least don't know how to make the connection thing work. I'll contact you off line if you're okay with leaving contact email under your profile?

More
08 Apr 2020 21:35 #163244 by PeterTheWolf
Sure... that will work .... Use this email:

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Thanks again,
PeteW.

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds