Servo Dynamic SD1525

More
06 Jun 2018 13:47 #111753 by OT-CNC
Servo Dynamic SD1525 was created by OT-CNC
I may be posting this in the wrong section but need help figuring out what's going wrong with my SD1525 Z axis servo drive. It's starting to throw LED error codes on start up. When I re-set via the reset button on the board, everything operates as normal. Any idea what component (s) on that drive tends to go? This only happens on power on and only to 1 drive.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jun 2018 19:06 #111780 by islander261
Replied by islander261 on topic Servo Dynamic SD1525
hello

Baldor later bought this product line. Please find attached a product manual for card similar to yours. On cards this old it maybe some capacitors going bad.

John
Attachments:

More
06 Jun 2018 19:24 #111782 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Servo Dynamic SD1525
I would check the rectifier capacitors first and move on from there.

More
06 Jun 2018 20:37 #111789 by OT-CNC
Replied by OT-CNC on topic Servo Dynamic SD1525
Thanks John and Tommy. I will have a closer look.

More
23 Jun 2018 23:56 - 24 Jun 2018 00:03 #112809 by OT-CNC
I changed out a 10uf 160v cap (lower R corner), cleaned the board and the error went away. Or so I thought. Machine was off for 2 hr and when I applied power, the same LED errors returned. Strange.
I now also replaced all the caps on the bias 15v power supply and no change. Unfortunately the SD1525 looks to be a pain to take apart. There are 3 small caps that I can't easy get to. I'm going by the assumption that the electrolytic film caps are failing but I'm not an electronics guy. I changed out the 10uf once more just to be certain but no go. Tommylight are you referring to the caps on the board or power supply?
I'm attaching a front and back image of the board. Anyone knows what the weak points are on these please please mark up my jpg so I know what to look at. Again, pressing reset clears everything and no issues running the motor. This is only on start up.
Attachments:
Last edit: 24 Jun 2018 00:03 by OT-CNC. Reason: attachment

More
24 Jun 2018 13:03 #112817 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Servo Dynamic SD1525
Is there a drive schematic available anywhere?

The fact that you have many faults at once is a clue that maybe the power-up fault clearing circuit is not working or some threshold setting (voltage reference) or detecting device has failed/degraded

More
24 Jun 2018 15:23 #112820 by OT-CNC
I found a PDF online. Attached below.
Another bit of info I noticed that when I cycle the drive on quickly after the 1st fault is reset, only 2 LEDs come on instead of 3 when waiting longer to turn back on. Voltage and OT/RMS.

Bummer, looks like I can't attach the PDF as it's too large. Is there a workaround?

More
24 Jun 2018 15:30 #112821 by OT-CNC
Okay, just found a PDF compressor.
Manual with schematic is below...
Attachments:

More
23 Jul 2018 16:13 #114714 by OT-CNC
Strange, drive is working fine again. I wonder if the temp sensor is going? It's not as hot in the shop at the moment.
Or any chance carbon build up on the motor or tach could trip it? I ruled out the motor as the replacement/backup drive didn't trip.
I'm hesitant at trying to pull the drive apart to look/replace the parts on the underside. Desoldering the components that hold the heat sink plate on looks like a pita.

More
08 Apr 2020 01:00 #163138 by PeterTheWolf
Replied by PeterTheWolf on topic Servo Dynamic SD1525
Did you ever get this resolved?
Did you ever remove the heat-sink from the drive board and replace all the capacitors?
I am experiencing a "VOL" led light on one of my drive boards and I am trying to figure out why.
Thanks

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds