move done signal (Clearpath SDSK)

More
18 Jun 2018 16:27 #112549 by Omnis
Hello I have integrated motors that give a "move done" confirmation (5V+ continuous) after each completed step. There is a positive signal that gets sent from the motors on one wire and a negative wire also from the motor to receive it?or ground?, meaning there would be 2 IO pins used? am trying to figure out where to hook them up on a MESA 7i76e, and how to integrate the "move done" signal into linuxcnc.
I have a more detailed info about the motors on this post forum.linuxcnc.org/10-advanced-configura...fb-mesa-7i76e#112547

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jun 2018 17:13 #112553 by Omnis
Attachments:

More
18 Jun 2018 17:38 #112555 by PCW
Hardware wise you would wire HLFB+ to 7I76E field power (typically +12 or +24VDC)
and HLFB- to a 7I76E field input.

Not sure "move done" is of much use to LinuxCNC, it might be better to program HLFB as a drive fault signal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Omnis

More
19 Jun 2018 05:27 #112564 by Omnis
Thanks for your response. The hlfb can handle 5-24v but I think I will have to ask the manufacturer if that will effect the voltage of the integrated circuitry adding to step/dir signals. How would I setup a (if drive fault feed hold) in linuxcnc on an input pin?

are you sure? about "move done" signals? I saw a few people using brush-less dc servos on linuxcnc with encoders and I thought those needed to confirm success of each move.

More
19 Jun 2018 13:32 #112579 by PCW
The HLFB signal is completely isolated from the step/dir signals so there no interference between them.

Typically the drive fault would be wired to axis.N.amp-fault-in in hal and will cause a machine fault if asserted.

Systems with encoder feedback to LinuxCNC "confirm success" by monitoring the difference between the commanded position (from LinuxCNC) and the actual position (from the encoder). If the difference between these exceeds a pre-programmed limit, a fault is raised.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Omnis

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds