Finished parts ending like they were offset some how...

More
20 Dec 2018 19:55 #122648 by Marcking
Hello guys,

Having big problems with my 4 axes router here, using LinuxCNC version 2.7.14 through LPT port all my parts end up like they were offset some how, checked the information on LinuxCNC site adjusted stepgen parameters according to my Leadshine stepper drivers but nothing. My X axis is gantry type with two motors and two drivers using the 5th. axis for the second motor.
Looks like nobody had this problem any ideas before loosing my hair?
Thank you all!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Dec 2018 20:04 #122649 by BigJohnT
Impossible to say from your description. Are the parts starting out in the correct place and moving as you cut (missing steps)? Or do the parts come out correct but in the wrong place (gcode or touch off)?

JT

More
20 Dec 2018 20:08 #122650 by Marcking
Hi BigJohnT,
The parts are starting out in the correct place and moving as they are cut. looks like missing steps but did all that manual and forums say about that.
Going to replace the PC to see if the problem is hardware related.??

More
20 Dec 2018 20:41 - 20 Dec 2018 20:42 #122653 by Todd Zuercher
1st thing to do is to make sure your parts are in fact not moving on the machine. This is a common problem on vacuum clamped router tables. Especially if the vacuum supply is marginal. But even with very good vacuum small parts can still not be held well and move.

2nd if the parts are not moving, then the machine is loosing position for some reason. Check all the usual suspects, missed steps/stalls of the stepper motor, slipping couplers, belts jumping teeth...

There are lots of reasons for a step motor to stall or miss steps, mechanical problems causing binding (worn/damaged/maladjusted ways, worn/damaged/maladjusted lead or ball screws, lack of lubrication), worn out step motors, motor wiring issues, control wiring issues, control configuration issues (bad timing...)
Last edit: 20 Dec 2018 20:42 by Todd Zuercher.

More
20 Dec 2018 21:50 #122656 by Marcking
Machine mechanics and electrical are ok, the machine used to run with Mach 3 and ethernet smooth stepper before with out this problem, the system was moved to LinuxCNC due that the ESS stop working.

More
20 Dec 2018 21:58 #122657 by BigJohnT
To add a little bit to Todd's excellent answer, did you check to see if the machine returns to the home position with G53 G0 X0 Y0 after cutting parts? You do home the machine right? Did you do the stepper test as shown in the manual?

Are you getting huge latency spikes? If not I would not suspect the PC. In any case a latency will not cause lost steps only late steps.

We have no idea what "but did all that manual and forums say about that" means. You need to spell out what you did, what you expected and what you got.

JT

More
20 Dec 2018 22:08 #122658 by Marcking
Machine has home switches and making the test with a gauge the X axis end up 0.01 offset after 1000 moves back and forward. of course after this doing G53 X0 ends up wrong.

More
20 Dec 2018 22:11 #122659 by Marcking
Could one of those blue Chinese BOB cause something like that?

More
20 Dec 2018 22:56 #122663 by Todd Zuercher
Large latency spikes could cause missed steps by causing a velocity step larger than the motor can handle.

Step timings set too close to the driver's minimums (slow optos on a cheep breakout board can effect pulse lengths), too high acceleration, too high velocity, or electical interference can all cause missed steps.

More
20 Dec 2018 23:35 #122665 by Marcking
The computer is an Intel core 2 duo with 1GB RAM not sure if this is a good configuration, I really do have a lot of distrust on the cheap BOB.
Already tried reducing acceleration and velocity at very low speeds but no luck with that also the problem keeps on the X axis can an opto be different than the rest?

Time to create page: 0.259 seconds