Home sequence problem soon solved in running program, how to example....

More
30 Dec 2018 13:08 #123144 by newbynobi

Norbert,

What are you max dimensions for a plasma machine to get it in?
Can you get in 800x1500mm? or 800x2100? Then you can get a machine with 2 test area's.
If you can get a bigger machine inside, alway's better. If you have dimensions i can look at it.

Hallo Grotius,

I did send you a mail answering your questions. Did you get it?

Norbert

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Dec 2018 16:47 - 31 Dec 2018 17:18 #123222 by Grotius
Hi Norbert,

No did not recieve your mail. Contact me at michelwijnja + @ + gmail.com
Then i can answer your mail within 2 day's.

Okey i have tested my new C coded home sequence.

The orginal motivation for making a new home sequence was because homing could not be done at any moment user wants to.
For example, if your ini config has a homing sequence active, then when tool is drowned into the workpiece by accident, the machine
will not move, because homing sequence is first item to do after starting up linuxcnc. So double start up icon's can make difference.
One for homing, and one for non homing.

Norbert told me to move a joint axis, but i tried that without succes in python code. My python knowlegde is very, very limited if you look at Norbert's coding style.

But i solved the homing sequence for me. And i am very happy with the result.

Great advantage for me :

1. Machine can be moved at any time.
2. Homing can be done when user want's to, by clicking the home button.
3. Homing is based on external offset branche.
4. Home sensor input is not envolving any machine movement's or jog option's positive or negative. ( it will not freeze the machine movement's like limit switches can do also in linuxcnc, this is my next component to write. A custom limit switch component. )
4. The homing sequence an sich is quite nice :

Homing sequence :
1. Click button home x => Machine moves for homing with homing speed 0-100% and homing distance, for example -3500mm or 3500mm for positive homing. All user parameters are saved in text file and auto loaded next time gui is started. Saving glade gui parameters is not so easy as it looks, therefor i used a separate data file to save and load parameters.
2. Machine triggers the home sensor, machine slows down to zero, and moves back to home sensor position.
3. Click button home all, and all coordinates are at zero.

Software :
component : homex.so => x axis home component.
component : homeu.so => u axis home component.

So it's finally no XXYZ config, but a XYZABCDUVW config, only XYZU is used of this config.

For each joint, one axis.

This results in a postprocessor with in my case X.. U... for X axis movements.

The ABC axis i let spared for future 6 axis machine tool movement's, like bevel operation's.
That's why i started at letter U for slave X. In mach3 the limitation is slave A or B or C for X axis.
In linux we have no limit's :woohoo: It's 9 axis for linuxcnc instead of 16 for ethercat i/o.

Component Homex for x, Sign's for x are changed to u for Homeu component.

Compile : sudo halcompile --compile homex.comp or install : sudo halcompile --install homex.comp.
For readers : --compile will stay in current directory, rip environment, --install will move to orginal linuxcnc directory.
Warning: Spoiler!
Last edit: 31 Dec 2018 17:18 by Grotius.

More
31 Dec 2018 17:37 #123229 by Grotius
Tommy,

Can you mail me, then i can mail you back. My mail adres is in above post.

I have read some issue's about import taxes from Servie to Kosovo. I understand this has nothing to do with European countries.

I am thinking about starting a second factory in Kosovo a few day's now. So we have to contact by mail.

Time to create page: 0.184 seconds