Tool length sensor and touch probe with Mesa7i76e

More
25 Feb 2019 20:43 #127120 by vmihalca
I have made a new setup for my SyilX7 mill and it seems that I have a stupid issue for most of the cnc users, but just using my current experience, I can’t figure it out.
Can someone explain me how to load and the tools, determine workpiece origin(i assume its Touch Off) and set tool offsets (tool touch off?)
I am using probe screen along with a tool height sensor and a ruby ball touch probe.
The touch probe seems to work fine, however, no idea yet how the probe screen should deal with the tool height sensor.
I’ve checked the inputs for both of them and I can see values changing for the pins.
If I do M6 T1 G43, the linuxcnc ui freezes and in the bottom bar still says no tool.
You can check the video below, please excuse the poor quality it :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Apr 2020 07:24 #164239 by Muscats
Hi vmihalca,

did you ever resolve this issue with freeze at M6? I am installing Probe Screen and get everything to work except the tool change which is freezing on M6

More
17 Apr 2020 08:37 #164244 by vmihalca
Yes, I got it resolved. Don't remember exactly how, I think it was a problem with Z soft limits. I am just speaking from memories, I think it was something like tool change was asking the to go to a position that was out of my soft limits.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Muscats

More
17 Apr 2020 13:26 #164270 by andypugh
Freeze on M6 is typically that the system has set tool-change and is waiting for tool-changed to be set when the tool change is complete.

It isn't frozen, so much as waiting to be told that the tool change is finished.

More
17 Apr 2020 13:38 #164271 by Muscats

Freeze on M6 is typically that the system has set tool-change and is waiting for tool-changed to be set when the tool change is complete.

It isn't frozen, so much as waiting to be told that the tool change is finished.

Hi Andy, thanks for the response, I am using Probe Screen, and it should do a move to the Tool change position before waiting for the tool change, however, it is not moving and there is no prompt to acknowledge a tool change

More
17 Apr 2020 14:29 #164273 by andypugh
The probe-screen instructions say to comment out the tool-change stuff. I don't know if it is meant to replace them with something, or what.
What do the Probe Screen docs say on the subject?

More
17 Apr 2020 21:08 - 17 Apr 2020 21:14 #164330 by Muscats
Yes is does say to comment out Manual tool change lines in all Hal files

Delete (or comment out) from all .hal files lines of the form:
#loadusr -W hal_manualtoolchange
#net tool-change iocontrol.0.tool-change => hal_manualtoolchange.change
#net tool-changed iocontrol.0.tool-changed <= hal_manualtoolchange.changed
#net tool-number iocontrol.0.tool-prep-number => hal_manualtoolchange.number

it then adds them back in, in a post-gui.hal, which then says they are in a probe_screen.hal. I was wondering if the dash in the post-gui should be an underscore post_gui

# this settings were moved to probe_screen.hal:
#net tool-change probe.toolchange-change <= iocontrol.0.tool-change
#net tool-changed probe.toolchange-changed <= iocontrol.0.tool-changed
#net tool-prep-number probe.toolchange-number <= iocontrol.0.tool-prep-number

net tool-prep-loop iocontrol.0.tool-prepare <= iocontrol.0.tool-prepared

Also, the probe_screen.hal file is located in the icons directory, I did try copying it to the machine config directory.

I also, did some manual changes to get the probe to work with linucCNC 2.8 with the changed references to Axis and joints.
Last edit: 17 Apr 2020 21:14 by Muscats.

More
17 Apr 2020 21:34 - 17 Apr 2020 21:35 #164333 by andypugh
Uncomment them in the postgui.
At the moment you have both versions commented.

Or look in probe-secreen.hal, anyway.
Last edit: 17 Apr 2020 21:35 by andypugh.

More
17 Apr 2020 22:33 #164350 by Muscats

Or look in probe-secreen.hal, anyway.

Yes, they are uncommented in the probe-screen.hal, which is located in the probe_icons folder, there is another copy of the probe-secreen.hal in the probe_icons_1024x768, which also has them uncommented. Is it an issue if these lines appear in multiple places?

More
17 Apr 2020 22:59 #164352 by andypugh
Yes, if they are in multiple places then there is a good chance that some of the HAL is erroring out.

Start your config from the command line and see what the output says.

(command "linuxcnc")

Time to create page: 0.181 seconds