Amplifier with Geckodriver G320X

More
16 Apr 2019 00:59 #130951 by tommylight
That looks good.
Can you please remove that BOB and leave it somewhere as a reminder of a bad investment ( i did with 2 of them ).
Now, if i remember correctly, the G320x has an error pin and that has to be wired to 5V for the drive to enable. You should check this to make sure as i do have G320, not G320x.
In case they do need that pin to go high to enable them, you can wire that pin to the "enable" pin on the parallel port.
When testing this, please remove belts/couplings/motors from the machine as some Gecko drives have the tendency to fly off as soon as powered and enabled. Had 4 of them, 2 would run at full speed when powered on, had to add a resistor to .........i do not remember as it was a long time ago, but i do still have 2 of them and 1 of them has the resistor in place. I do not know if G320x has the same issue, it should not.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Apr 2019 08:52 #130970 by twatchorn
Thanks for your response.
Before seeing your post I had tried a test step config and wired 1 axis from parallel cable direct to Geckodrive. I was pleased to see the servo worked using the test axis option.
I did look at signal on scope. Peak now about 3v on parallel cable when connected and not connected to the driver.
I have ordered a BOB that looks the same as in the video posted in reply from forum member pl7i92. It is from a NZ company that builds CNC machines, so I am confident it should be one that works and they included a 20 page instruction that they have written. I will wait for it to arrive before going further.

This will then bring me to two more questions – Sorry!

Before I connect the Z, I would like confirmation that I am connecting it correctly. Attached snips take from “SERVOMOTOR 2KW SERVODRIVE SG-30A 2_4KW DATASHEET”
On the CN1 25 pin plug. Do I use 18 = step and 17 = Dir. Do I connect both pins 6 and 7 into common GND.

How do I connect the Spindle drive? “ Bonfiglioli Vectron Frequency Inverter AGL202-i8 2 FA”
Is the PWM pin used for this? And what else? Attached is page from catalogue.
www.bonfiglioli.com/international/useful..._agile_eng_r01_0.pdf
Attachments:

More
16 Apr 2019 22:43 #131012 by tommylight
For the servo connection the answer is yes, although it is a bit blurry so not 100% sure.
VFD will need some programming before connecting to anything, first you have to decide how you want to control it, voltage or step/dir. Both types work, but i prefer voltage whenever there is encoder feedback.

More
16 Apr 2019 22:51 #131014 by twatchorn
There is no encoder on the spindle motor. I understand it is 3 phase. Just a 4 wire connection plug. Have it in bits at the moment for bearing replacement.

More
30 Apr 2019 00:37 #132322 by twatchorn
Hi Tommy,
Have been meaning the respond for a few days.
I have installed the new BOB and having success. Thanks for all your input.
I have just used the G320 setup that is already in the Linux drop down menu. I have the Z working and at present just staring router manually from button on controller.
I now have a few questions about settings on home and limits, but I think I should ask them as a new topic so in future it can be searched by others. Will have a bit more of a dig around other topic threads to see it I can find answers first.
Thanks again.

More
05 May 2019 01:21 #132788 by tommylight
Limits are fairly easy to setup, you can also open and edit an already existing config in stepconf, but if you did edit something manually, do not use stepconf anymore as it will delete all manually entered infos.

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds