Help with HB04 Pendant Issues

More
07 May 2019 21:52 - 07 May 2019 21:53 #133100 by bally123
I had this pendant working fine but tonight it seems to have issues:

setting the step increment freezes, stuck at 100 - however the LED on the pendant blinks when step is pressed
The position does not update on the pendant.

All other functions work OK, I am able to jog, pause, stop, home etc...

It just seems those functions associated with the information on screen are a problem.

Almost like it can send information but cannot receive it?

I did a reboot and it worked initially then the same behavior occurred, so I am not convinced its a hardware issue.

Any help appreciated.

Andy
Last edit: 07 May 2019 21:53 by bally123.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 May 2019 10:57 #133123 by pl7i92
you can in first place make a button to yoour GUI and reload the line of the pendant inital
so it renews the internal settings
WHAt Version of Linuxcnc are you usiing

More
10 May 2019 06:16 #133332 by bally123
Thanks for your suggestion.

The pendant now seems to be working OK, I moved the USB to a rear port on the PC. However I need to monitor it going forwards.

I think your suggestion about initializing the pendant is a good one, the behavior I had was very similar to what happens if the pendant is on but the PC is off. It appears to send button presses but obviously doesn't receive any position updates.

It's possible this might reoccur so for now I can add a button to the GUI, but can you explain a little more about the code I need to to reload the pendant?

Thanks Andy

More
10 May 2019 21:00 #133411 by bally123
The problem has reoccurred, the pendant would fault very regularly today. It seems position values and step selection are the only affected functions.

During the fault I closed linuxcnc and tried to access the HC04 on the command line, It created all the pins, then found the pendant, then threw an error:
libusb_claim_interface: Device or Resource Busy
I restarted the PC and tried again and it worked fine.

I am really interested to know how to renew the initial settings as you mentioned, can I do this via command line?

I have looked for a line in my configs that might be a way to restart the pendant, all I see is HALFILE = LIB:xhc-hb04.tcl and APP = xhc-hb04-accels
APP = monitor-xhc-hb04 (not that I get any messages about connects / disconnects?

Any help greatly appreciated...

More
More
10 May 2019 22:26 #133415 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Help with HB04 Pendant Issues

forum.linuxcnc.org/gmoccapy/34296-xhc-hc04-lost-connection

xhc-hb04 disconnect issues

Hmm, I am again reminded of the reasons why I went with a non USB wireless pendant, particularly the google search which indicates how widespread problems are with this hardware. Same manufacturer but a bit more in the budget and they turn out something that is bulletproof!

More
11 May 2019 08:30 #133437 by bally123
I had been looking at that post you linked. However my pendant is not dead, so I believe a different issue. I have tried some of the suggestions within the post but to no avail.

I've had the pendant over 12months and aside changing batteries twice it's been rock solid, ...upto now. I am going to try a tail and see what that shows and see if the sim configuration will fault.

I'd love some command to reintialise the pendant without having to reboot... Not as a solution just as a test..

Care to share your bulletproof solution in a little more detail??

More
11 May 2019 09:05 #133440 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Help with HB04 Pendant Issues

Care to share your bulletproof solution in a little more detail??

Yes, there is a bit on my build thread. a 4ee Mhz wireless one from the smae manufacturer that wires in as if its part of the control box hardware. I ordered one compatible with the 7i76e MPG .forum.linuxcnc.org/show-your-stuff/32029...uild?start=140#93124

More
21 May 2019 12:24 #134470 by bally123
Solved.....

Resoldered the connections in the wireless dongle...

Not missed a beat since....

Seems more responsive too.

Happy days.

Thanks guys.

More
21 May 2019 17:20 #134506 by pl7i92
you can also make a Button in your guy that just reloads the loadusr
so it is regonised again
that can be done at any Manuell mashine state

Time to create page: 0.315 seconds