Joint limit switch errors

More
29 May 2019 01:55 #135231 by norbertfarquharsh
Thank you very much for you comments and interest in my problem.

I am running 2.8 but do not know what version. I know the system updated this morning so I should have the latest.

And the following comments are from my beliefs and understanding of how things work and they obviously must be incorrect and that is why I am having trouble and thus may need correction in the way I am thinking.
I have had my machine for some years and everything worked fine until 2.8 came along.
I just ran stepconfig and the configuration choices for configuration do not include one for XYYZ which is what I need. So the end result for me is an A axis. And that axis is independent from the Y axis. The joints are not tied together. I have tried to edit it per a 2017 posting on the forum of 27 July 2017 by Joel0407. I could find nothing more recent. I have not been successful with the edits. I looked through the documentation for hours trying to find more information but have come up with nothing that is helpful. Jeff from Xylotex suggested I revert to a previous version and if I knew how to do that I would. Obviously others are making 2.8 work, but I cannot do that. I just know that I cannot get stepconfig to make anything that will run and PNCCONF is not for my machine.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 May 2019 09:28 #135258 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Joint limit switch errors
Have your hal and ini files changed since the last time you posted them? If so please post them again. What I saw on your last files is that you only had 3 joints but I'm assuming for a gantry you would have 4. At this point, I wold be cutting and pasting joints in your ini and hal files which does not take long.

More
29 May 2019 12:04 - 29 May 2019 12:08 #135263 by bevins
Replied by bevins on topic Joint limit switch errors
You have joints=3, and you have no two joints for Y axis.
You also have this.... coordinates=XYZ

The hal and ini files you have posted are not for a gantry with 2 motors on one axis configuration.

Have your hal and ini files changed? If so post them here and someone can help.
Last edit: 29 May 2019 12:08 by bevins.

More
29 May 2019 12:50 #135267 by bevins

You have joints=3, and you have no two joints for Y axis.
You also have this.... coordinates=XYZ

The hal and ini files you have posted are not for a gantry with 2 motors on one axis configuration.

Have your hal and ini files changed? If so post them here and someone can help.

Post your backup hal and ini files from previous before 2.8 also. That would help

More
29 May 2019 15:07 #135276 by norbertfarquharsh
Thank you for your help.

Yes, they have changed. I did a new run of stepconfig and then edited the resultant .ini and .hal files per a forum post. And the result does not run.
I will attach the current .hal. and .ini files and also part of an Axis error report and part of a resultant error report which always occurs when I click the button on the axis error report to "generate a report". When I look it the directory /tmp there are many new files and I will attach the linuxcnc.report and the linuxcnc.info.txt files.

More
29 May 2019 15:33 - 29 May 2019 15:35 #135278 by bevins
IF I am not mistaken it should be:
[AXIS_X]
    [JOINT_0]

[AXIS_Y]
  [JOINT_1]
  [JOINT_2]

[AXIS_Z]
  [JOINT_3]

You have two [AXIS_Y] sections. I don't know if that matters but it seems like it should.
Last edit: 29 May 2019 15:35 by bevins.

More
29 May 2019 15:46 - 29 May 2019 15:48 #135281 by dgarrett
Replied by dgarrett on topic Joint limit switch errors
This error:
  [JOINT_1]MAX_LIMIT < [AXIS_Y]MAX_LIMIT (27.5 < 27.5 27.5)
  [JOINT_2]MAX_LIMIT < [AXIS_Y]MAX_LIMIT (27.5 < 27.5 27.5)

is due to having multiple (repeated and redundant) stanzas for
[AXIS_Y]

(There may be other errors after fixing this)

This reporting error:
exec cat $info_file >> $report_file
is a bug addressed by new commit: d3956a3bf
github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/commit/d395...ba0614388462d0d199cf
(Note: The buildbot is currently failing to make debs:
buildbot.linuxcnc.org/buildbot/grid)

Recommended reading for anyone using master branch:

linuxcnc.org/docs/master/html/getting-st...dating-linuxcnc.html

linuxcnc.org/docs/master/html/getting-st...#_kinematics_modules

linuxcnc.org/docs/master/html/getting-st..._axes_specifications
Last edit: 29 May 2019 15:48 by dgarrett.

More
29 May 2019 17:51 #135309 by norbertfarquharsh
Thank you very much.

Once you said what you did it made sense and I corrected it and that problem was fixed. But I never would have spotted it. I just copied and pasted the whole joint block and edited some of the values but did not edit out the duplicate axis info. Can't thank you enough.
Now that it is working, more or less, I find that I have also made an error in assigning one of the Y axis pins to the Z axis and vise versa. And I tried to establish a parallel port pin for a new limit switch on the Y axis and did not do that correctly but I will work on it.

Thanks again.

More
30 May 2019 23:53 #135440 by norbertfarquharsh
Here I am again. Still trying to set up the second joint on an axis. I followed a article on the forum (27 Jul 2017 20:25 - 27 Jul 2017 20:33 #96594) which explains how to set up a axis that has two joints (in version 2.8) and it is the only one I can find though I know it is old.
The latest problem is that when I start my Axis interface, it fails saying that I am using the same parallel pin twice; specifically the error statement is: gantry.hal: 46 Pin 'parport.0.pin-04-out' was already linked to signal 'y0-step'.
I know that is true because I did it as that is the signal I want it to follow and I do not know how else to do it and the article I quote gives no explanation on this subject and no search that I make brings anything else to help.
Sorry that I can't seem to get my machine working like it did for years and need so much help.
Attachments:

More
31 May 2019 02:00 #135442 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Joint limit switch errors
Yes that's an error, what value should parport.0.pin-04-out take, y0step or y1step?

There appear to be many errors in the hal file (Y0 and Y1 should not share any common motion signals, incorrect joint pin names (joint name are all numeric no x,y,z etc)

Do you have an A axis?

Do you need 2 switch gantry squaring on Y?

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds