Move exceeds joint limit, but joint isn't moved

More
04 Jul 2019 21:33 #138645 by Juckix

Curiouser and curiouser. Next could you post a copy of the G-code file. Something's wonky somewhere.

Yep, here it is. I assume we're looking at a bug either way since the line mentioned is not the source of the problem?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jul 2019 00:28 #138655 by andypugh
There is certainly something funny going on.

Do other G-code files work?

More
05 Jul 2019 00:33 #138656 by Juckix

There is certainly something funny going on.

Do other G-code files work?

Yep, the axis.ngc splash executes just fine for example. Not sure about other files from the Fusion post though, I'll have to ask my CNC operator, though I think the file in question was meant as a first part test on this machine.

More
05 Jul 2019 09:46 #138679 by andypugh
The first screen shots show a blue line to a high Z value.
I haven't used Axis for a while, but I think you can click a line in the preview and it will show you the G-code line. (Or the reverse, maybe both)

Ignoring the line number that the error is being reported at for the moment I can see a number of "G0 Z5." commands. in the G-code.
Is +5 reachable with the current tooll length and touch-off?
Fusion360 likes to put a Z word in the G43 line too, I see G43 Z15 H1 on line N55. What is the tool length for tool 1 in the tool table?

I would be tempted to MDI a T1 M6 G43 command and check that Z15 is reachable by jogging with the T1 offset.

More
06 Jul 2019 11:30 #138731 by Juckix

The first screen shots show a blue line to a high Z value.
I haven't used Axis for a while, but I think you can click a line in the preview and it will show you the G-code line. (Or the reverse, maybe both)

Ignoring the line number that the error is being reported at for the moment I can see a number of "G0 Z5." commands. in the G-code.
Is +5 reachable with the current tooll length and touch-off?
Fusion360 likes to put a Z word in the G43 line too, I see G43 Z15 H1 on line N55. What is the tool length for tool 1 in the tool table?

I would be tempted to MDI a T1 M6 G43 command and check that Z15 is reachable by jogging with the T1 offset.

T1 M6 G43 in MDI results in triggering this error, removing the M6 allows for running the rest of the problem. I'm thinking the tool change position in the .ini might be the source of the problem:

"TOOL_CHANGE_POSITION = 0 0 50.8"

More
06 Jul 2019 15:48 #138743 by pl7i92
line 5
N40 G55

DID you Touch off the G55 P3 coordinate system
did yu set the VIEW via MDI to G55

More
07 Jul 2019 09:45 #138788 by andypugh

T1 M6 G43 in MDI results in triggering this error, removing the M6 allows for running the rest of the problem. I'm thinking the tool change position in the .ini might be the source of the problem:
"TOOL_CHANGE_POSITION = 0 0 50.8"

That will do it, the Z axis max limit is wet to +20, so +50.8 is well out of the allowed range.

Sorry not to have spotted that earlier.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juckix

More
11 Jul 2019 14:43 #139107 by Juckix
No problem, thanks for the help.

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds