Plasmac parport connections

More
15 Jul 2019 16:40 #139462 by islander261
The error message says it all. You are trying to connect a type float pin to a type bit signal.

The plasmac.arc-voltage-in pin is a type float which means you can only connect it to a type float signal.

The error is in file my_plasma_connection.hal which you did not post so there is little we can help with.

John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jul 2019 18:25 #139490 by mkardasi
Exactly what John said. Give us the files that you are actually running as part of the config. So per the screenshot.

myplasma.ini
myplasma.hal
plasmac.hal
myplasma_connections.hal

More
15 Jul 2019 19:16 - 15 Jul 2019 19:16 #139498 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Plasmac parport connections
Finally you give some info that is useful.
It seems the problem is that you are connecting a digital pin (pin 10) which only has a on/ or off state to a voltage pin which is a float type. This type has a decimal point. This is not allowed. This makes sense as a voltage can't simply be on or off when we need to measure what the voltage is.

So the problem really is with your design, not plasmac.
The question comes back to: How are you reading your torch voltage on parallel port system?
You have not actually ever answered that question clearly. You need to do that if you are going to move forward.

You may be able to use a different plasmac mode to work around this.
Last edit: 15 Jul 2019 19:16 by rodw.

More
15 Jul 2019 23:49 - 15 Jul 2019 23:51 #139513 by phillc54

sorry for my arrogent behaviour earlier

is this right
or do i need to make any changes in ini and hal files of my base config
thanks
oppps sorry theres an out pin for torch on

Yes, you need an output pin for the torch.

You also need an input pin for the float switch.

As you stated earlier that you don't have arc voltage yet just put anything in there for the time being and after you have finished the configurator edit mythc_connections.hal and comment out the line referring to arc voltage then you should have a running configuration without arc voltage.
Last edit: 15 Jul 2019 23:51 by phillc54.

More
16 Jul 2019 00:59 #139526 by phoenix
Replied by phoenix on topic Plasmac parport connections
Yes sir i m going to convert voltage to friquency using 555 and get that in from parport
I will provide files as soon as possible
I tried manually editing files and it started for a moment and then crashed again

More
17 Jul 2019 00:20 - 17 Jul 2019 00:22 #139650 by Grotius
Replied by Grotius on topic Plasmac parport connections
@Phoenix,

You learn quickly...

PLS STOP CONFUSING ME AND JUST SIMPLY TELL ME HOW TO OR WHERE TO DO PARPORT CONNECTIONS IN YOUR DAMN CONFIG :angry: :angry: :angry:

to :

Yes sir

I tried manually editing files and it started for a moment and then crashed again

Take your time... And it will bring you luck... More luck then then windows and mac together...
Last edit: 17 Jul 2019 00:22 by Grotius.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

More
17 Jul 2019 00:40 #139653 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Plasmac parport connections
Here is a tip: Always start linuxcnc from the command line. That way when it crashes, you can study the messages in the console window it usually will print a useful error. say "pin xyx does not exist". so then you know where to look. sometimes its useful to comment out the line that is causing the error so you can run Linuxcnc and use halshow to observe the actual pin names. It might just be a typo or something in your hal file. When you see what it should be you can fix it and remove the comment.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grotius

More
21 Jul 2019 11:57 #140066 by phoenix
as someone suggested i commented out my arc-ok in and torch on out pins and my config runs but as soon as i uncommented them it says that resp pins not found
i moved my arc-ok in pin from baseplasma_connections.hal to baseplasma.hal and arc-ok in prob solved
but its still saying that parport.0.pin-8-out which is torch-on pin not found what can i do about that ???
Attachments:

More
21 Jul 2019 12:22 #140071 by phillc54
You can read the answers you were given to this question on the other thread that you asked on...

More
21 Jul 2019 13:24 #140077 by phoenix
sorry but i tried to find thread you are talking about and unable to find one
these are my files as u can see i cant connect arc ok pin but when i use test panel its woeking pretty great
why it doesnt accepting parport pins also tried copy pasting
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds