Consultants? Paid help to get LinuxCNC fully functional.

More
16 Oct 2019 18:59 #148037 by Todd Zuercher
The 8 hr drive kind of excludes me from popping in from Ohio.

Some of your questions, Setting up a VFD is usually not too hard. You need to study your VFD's documentation to learn how to configure a digital output on it to give an at speed signal then connect that to an appropriate input of linuxcnc, then connect that input to the hal pin "motion.spindle-at-speed". Be aware Linuxcnc does not pause the machine and wait for that signal, it will stop and wait for it before a cutting move, but G0 moves will still occur, that way the machine can be getting into position for the cut while the spindle spins up, then stop and wait if nessisary before starting the cut.

Tool touch plates or sensors are also pretty simple. There are some examples in threads on the forum, (Search for them.)

I've never configured a tool changer in Linuxcnc, but I'm confident I could. But it isn't a small or simple task.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Oct 2019 06:55 #148084 by Bari
I'm almost nearby but I help people half way around the world with their LCNC setups without ever having to stop in. So ask away.

More
17 Oct 2019 09:16 #148098 by RotarySMP
If you isolate a problem into a clear clear question, you get almost instant support in this forum. Pictures help both with isolating the problem, and also hooking us in. Everyone here likes looking at CNC machine pictures.
Mark

More
17 Oct 2019 10:00 #148105 by tommylight

Everyone here likes looking at CNC machine pictures.
Mark

Like kids in a candy store ! :)

Time to create page: 0.308 seconds