RaspberryPi 3: remote axis display?

More
15 Jan 2021 08:12 #195415 by tjtr33
hello, sorry this is 1 year late (so many topics i miss many). We have no solution for you ( a non-rt box displaying remote rpi linuxcnc w/o GL). Andy's ssh idea san be tested on a remote system watching Axis on the rpi, but requires GL on the rpi.
I have a vague hope/thought...Could the remote system diplay say a static isometric view and the rpi report the xyz position mapped to a 'cursor' on the remote display? So no graphics needed on pi? Maybe the remote could translate scale and rotate, but simply map the cursor onto the iamge.
I think the 3d image is most useful BEFORE the motion begins, after it begins you aint fast enuf to avoid anythng due to what you see,
my 2c TomP

btw I just built buster with rpi3B ( not +)
13jan2021
and its ok at 100uS base thread for my machine with .0075 full steps at 37.5mm/min. I ran many hours of latency-histogram at 100000 1000000 before running Axis with a 100iteration 3Dchips. That ngc has run twice now, never any UnexpectedRealtimDelays. I will advance to 75us base and look at the 2000u servo some had success with.
I want to get back to writing hal_pi_gpio with reset type pins so pi's can use dblstep.
thx
tomp

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds