Esab Ultrarex UXD-P2000 Upgrade Project

More
02 Jun 2020 21:20 #169871 by Esaber
If I understand it right I will replacing this:
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jun 2020 21:21 - 02 Jun 2020 21:25 #169872 by Esaber
With something like this.
What would the specs of this stepper?
Any links?
Attachments:
Last edit: 02 Jun 2020 21:25 by Esaber.

More
02 Jun 2020 22:57 #169876 by rodw
Does your torch have a seperate shield? I imagine so. Do you want to do ohmic sensing? You may need a few more relays for an ohmic sensing circuit or a THCAD-5

I've got a feeling that your table does not do ohmic now.

More
02 Jun 2020 23:03 #169878 by tommylight
www.mechapro.de/shop/Schrittmotor-Steuer...t-Endstufe::243.html
www.mechapro.de/shop/Schrittmotoren/56mm...H7823-1710::244.html
www.mechapro.de/shop/Schrittmotor-Steuer...l-Software::151.html
-
Cancel the encoder IF you order the above.
-
You are putting us ( especially me ) in a very bad position, unintentionally i am sure, but still a very bad position. You have to read and follow our advice, otherwise you end up with lots of useless stuff and lots of waisted money.
Case in point, i did say to remove the tacho from the Z axis motor ( the small thing with 2 thin wires on top of that bigger thing with 2 wires going to 4 connectors on the motor on the attached picture of the existing Z axis) and measure the shaft, then and only then, order the encoder and a coupler with the right shaft diameter for the existing motor and the new encoder.
You just went and ordered an encoder.
Hence the above list., as it will make it easier to set up and less chances of mishaps, but it will cost more.

-
Some friendly advice:
-take it easy, read a lot about everything we mention here, and most importantly do not act until you understand why or how,
-ask here about everything that is not clear or obvious, ask a lot,
-you will be dealing with a machine that uses power to function, lots of it, so inherently they are dangerous, especially the electrics/electronics parts and any mistake can ultimately void you of your life, so no rushing there, there is no "i am sorry" when working with these types of stuff, the result will always be lots of burned/damaged equipment and/or injuries/death.
-this will take you much more than a day or two to finish, more like a month.
-i have done over 15 retrofits of big industrial machines, so i have plenty of experience and that makes it sometimes hard for you to understand what i am trying to say, so if you think something is not right, please do write immediately, do not hesitate.
Regards,
Tom.

More
02 Jun 2020 23:05 #169879 by tommylight

I've got a feeling that your table does not do ohmic now.

Nope, it has a normal Z axis wit the floating part on the torch holder made out of 2 rings attached by 3 springs/screws.

More
02 Jun 2020 23:08 #169880 by rodw
A very nice package Tommy's put together.

I've got a whole package of lam drivers here in Australia now after Tommy's continued recommendations.

More
02 Jun 2020 23:09 #169882 by tommylight

A very nice package Tommy's put together.

I've got a whole package of lam drivers here in Australia now after Tommy's continued recommendations.

I've got only those 3 on the machine, if that machine goes, i am gone be nekid ! :)

More
03 Jun 2020 07:57 #169916 by Esaber

www.mechapro.de/shop/Schrittmotor-Steuer...t-Endstufe::243.html
www.mechapro.de/shop/Schrittmotoren/56mm...H7823-1710::244.html
www.mechapro.de/shop/Schrittmotor-Steuer...l-Software::151.html
-
Cancel the encoder IF you order the above.
-
You are putting us ( especially me ) in a very bad position, unintentionally i am sure, but still a very bad position. You have to read and follow our advice, otherwise you end up with lots of useless stuff and lots of waisted money.
Case in point, i did say to remove the tacho from the Z axis motor ( the small thing with 2 thin wires on top of that bigger thing with 2 wires going to 4 connectors on the motor on the attached picture of the existing Z axis) and measure the shaft, then and only then, order the encoder and a coupler with the right shaft diameter for the existing motor and the new encoder.
You just went and ordered an encoder.
Hence the above list., as it will make it easier to set up and less chances of mishaps, but it will cost more.

-
Some friendly advice:
-take it easy, read a lot about everything we mention here, and most importantly do not act until you understand why or how,
-ask here about everything that is not clear or obvious, ask a lot,
-you will be dealing with a machine that uses power to function, lots of it, so inherently they are dangerous, especially the electrics/electronics parts and any mistake can ultimately void you of your life, so no rushing there, there is no "i am sorry" when working with these types of stuff, the result will always be lots of burned/damaged equipment and/or injuries/death.
-this will take you much more than a day or two to finish, more like a month.
-i have done over 15 retrofits of big industrial machines, so i have plenty of experience and that makes it sometimes hard for you to understand what i am trying to say, so if you think something is not right, please do write immediately, do not hesitate.
Regards,
Tom.

Don't worry Tommy I haven't ordered anything yet :-)
I'm just preparing the list and will order only when I confirm all the parts with you guys.
I know it will take time but I'm not in a hurry. I can work on the machine with my friend only on the weekends.
We have a guy who knows his way around electronics and wires.
I did some cnc video tutorial watching yesterday so I'm learning whenever I get the time to. I might even make a small cnc machine for my personal use in the future. This stuff is good :-)
So I will go over the shopping list, update it and post it every time you guys add a link or a part.
When everything is ok and you confirm the content I will order.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
03 Jun 2020 08:09 - 03 Jun 2020 08:09 #169918 by Esaber

You mean this part in the picture.
This will be replaced by an encoder and a coupler, right?
I will wait for your confirmation and then ask my friend to tear that thing down asap and take measures.
Attachments:
Last edit: 03 Jun 2020 08:09 by Esaber.

More
03 Jun 2020 08:25 #169921 by Esaber
I guess you're talking about this (Tacho) . The big thing is the whole motor according to the label.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.226 seconds