Cannot get M6 ngc remap working

More
07 Aug 2020 20:27 #177649 by bevins

Most probably a Python issue as it has been changed a lot lately and somehow they just dumped backward compatibility.

Your machine feels ok with running racktoolchange? To me it seems a bit flaky. Hard coded paths don't seem to work, but sometimes it does, There is one setting that causes it to not work and I havent figured it out. I have 4 configs, two I can get working and two I cannot.
I don't know but I'm not feeling very warm and fuzzy at the moment with this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Aug 2020 21:09 #177653 by tommylight
My machines are cnc plasma cutters so they do not need tool changes as a mill does, but i did that to check if it works with actual hardware.
As for flaky, you might want to change the pocket numbers in the tool table as they are mixed up. I did change them and then had the tool changes make more sense, but still there are some mysterious moves there.
And i could not find where the tool positions are set up, maybe in the tool table ?

More
07 Aug 2020 21:37 - 07 Aug 2020 21:43 #177657 by bevins

My machines are cnc plasma cutters so they do not need tool changes as a mill does, but i did that to check if it works with actual hardware.
As for flaky, you might want to change the pocket numbers in the tool table as they are mixed up. I did change them and then had the tool changes make more sense, but still there are some mysterious moves there.
And i could not find where the tool positions are set up, maybe in the tool table ?

tool positions are in variables in python section at bottom of ini.

That is a weird tool-changer and I don't see how that would work in real life. Everything from the top. Normally you would approach to drop off from the front then go up and out and opposite for picking up. This does everything from the top. I guess you could pick up and drop off in a hole. I never seen one like that.
Last edit: 07 Aug 2020 21:43 by bevins.

More
07 Aug 2020 22:23 #177663 by tommylight
www.youtube.com/results?search_query=linuxcnc+rack+tool+changer
Some nice videos there and a how to by Eric Salo.

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds