How would you design a real time application for cnc control in c / c++ ???

More
30 Mar 2021 13:24 #204120 by TheRoslyak
Can you explane step by step. How to run all neened app. I find all source file. But I haven't figured it out yet.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Mar 2021 13:31 - 30 Mar 2021 13:38 #204121 by Grotius
You download and upzip. Load the project .pro file in Qt and compile.
It will run after compiling.

All apps have the same kdl and opencascade libs. If one app run's they runn all.

You are able to run skynet.
For other readers a quick start to get the libs : sourceforge.net/projects/skynet-software/

In general. The robot project is paused for a while now. I started the project from interest's. I had no real goal with it.
I am considering what to do in general with software at the moment.
Last edit: 30 Mar 2021 13:38 by Grotius.

More
30 Mar 2021 13:56 #204126 by TheRoslyak
You are able to run skynet.
For other readers a quick start to get the libs : sourceforge.net/projects/skynet-software/
I understand it.
I mean, all files are in different releases. And I haven't figured it out yet.
It would be nice if you collect all the latest modules and make a release.

More
30 Mar 2021 16:47 #204137 by Grotius
Hi,

I mean, all files are in different releases.
Every zip files contains a project. It's not that files are spread around.

It would be nice if you collect all the latest modules and make a release.
In other words, finish the project so i can use it. Maybe that is gonna happen, but
i don't know when it's gonna happen.

For now you can collect the most interesting features for yourself.
Some users are only interested in how the opencascade works for example.

More
31 Mar 2021 13:02 - 02 Apr 2021 14:19 #204215 by TheRoslyak
Hi grotus
How to run any motion?

UPD I realized varible motion.0.maxvel and other on should be created. I found motion.comp. But how to use it. I have to add and connect these variables to ethercat.hal or something else
Attachments:
Last edit: 02 Apr 2021 14:19 by TheRoslyak.

More
03 Apr 2021 20:37 - 03 Apr 2021 20:38 #204661 by bkt
@grotius I am more than five years than I try to find time to study the Linuxcnc code .... but it takes months of freedom to do it .... or the daily contact with someone who has long ago .... anyway here we talk about time to devote .... but everything here .... so before thinking what to do think about what time you have ..... is your job and do you have members? do a licensed program .... do you have time because studies or similar? do a good job and share if you believe ..... you don't have time? You can only do what you can do ..... I can only thank you in fact the explanations I asked in the past on the internal files of Linuxcnc have always been very "restricted" ... the work you did here made me save a lot Time and understand more of the internal variable exchange mechanisms.

For more the Linuxcnc Makinekit fork follows your ideas (and my too) a little .... The problem of CNC is that if they are not solids they are not "usable" .... Linuxcnc is very solid .... . In addition I have never seen threads on the C ++ code of Linuxcnc ... there is a developer mailing .... but I think a special thread could help certain people .... but I don't give up there to do this .. .. I realize that it is to ask too much.

best regards
If you like Happy Easter ... if you don't like good spring
Last edit: 03 Apr 2021 20:38 by bkt.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grotius

More
05 Apr 2021 10:10 - 05 Apr 2021 10:53 #204872 by Grotius
@TheRoslyak

How to run any motion?
In my example's it sends a float value to the stepgen component.

UPD I realized varible motion.0.maxvel and other on should be created. I found motion.comp. But how to use it. I have to add and connect these variables to ethercat.hal or something else
Maybe you can do that. For motion i used the stepgen component. If i sent a float value for joint 1. The stepgen will move joint 1
to this value including the acc/dcc motion. The stepgen component is like a pid. It's a usefull component even if you don't
use steppers in the real world.

In last example's the robot opencascade preview is updated by the "position feedback". Like encoder feedback of the stepgen component. This is done to give the preview a more realistic preview.

In other words, if you don't connect the stepgen. position feedback to the opencascade hal input, you don't see any motion.
You can shortcut this to connect the opencascade hal to the stepgen position command.

@Bkt,

Thanks for your comments.

In addition I have never seen threads on the C ++ code of Linuxcnc

The example's i studied where from machinekit, but they where not working right on the spot and i was not understanding
how it worked.
Now i have better understanding how to use hal with c++. In fact it's very easy when you have a working example.

Soon i will try to bring a tiny example how to compile c++ with halcompiler outside lcnc to create a kernel module.
This is also done by the linuxcnc-ethercat or "lcec.so" component. It would be nice to do this inside the qt creator environment.
Last edit: 05 Apr 2021 10:53 by Grotius.

More
13 Apr 2021 09:52 #205769 by udoS
Hi Grotius

Not shure if this is the right plase.
Just send me if I'm wrong here.
Regarding: QT_C++_Linuxcnc_interface_gui

I'm at a RPi4-4G using QtCreator
If I try to build the projrct I downloaded from git
I get these errors.
Attachments:

More
13 Apr 2021 11:24 - 13 Apr 2021 11:31 #205773 by Grotius
Hi,

I see you use arm. Is the arm compiler set in Qt? It misses parts of could miss the whole the opengl library (links) with your error.
If this opengl error is solved, the next opengl error will appear.

The ld error, maybe add the includepath in the .pro file to your opengl library path.

Includepath += ...
Libs += -GL (i see GL in your error)

In the .pro file there must be a opengl include.

Try this to get running first : github.com/grotius-cnc/QT_opengl

Look in the .pro file for opengl.

QT += core gui opengl svg
unix: LIBS += -lglut -lGLU

And set the compiler to arm.

Ok, when you have the QT_C++_Linuxcnc_interface_gui running, there is a point of interest.

1. At some point lcnc will become slow, after multiple command's. Like overloaded. Maybe you can trigger this problem, and report back at some time.
Last edit: 13 Apr 2021 11:31 by Grotius.

More
17 Apr 2021 18:56 - 17 Apr 2021 19:09 #206207 by udoS
Hi

finaly it came up.

I had to add :
LIBS += -lGLU -lGL

thank's.

One thing though: I think a layout with more then HDMI 1080x1920 is a bit exotic. ( Bigger is Better ? LOL.)
Last edit: 17 Apr 2021 19:09 by udoS.

Time to create page: 0.205 seconds