z-axis movement via ultrasonic sensor

More
07 Sep 2020 22:28 - 07 Sep 2020 22:29 #181185 by saztyga
Hello !

my question is ,
can we use ultra sonic sensor to the z axis to keep it above the ground , so whenever ground have uneven surface ultrasonic sensor detect that and moves the axis upwards and downwards.

long story shorts can we keep the ground clearance (between tool and workpes) constant ?
Last edit: 07 Sep 2020 22:29 by saztyga.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Sep 2020 22:31 #181186 by tommylight
Yes, but i do not think ultrasound is precise enough.
What is the use for it ?

More
07 Sep 2020 22:45 #181191 by saztyga
In my project precision it not a problem. .Can you please give me any hint so i can get more information about it..

More
08 Sep 2020 11:15 #181241 by tommylight
We can not help you much if we do not know what the project or the end result should be.
But since you insist, get some car ultrasonic sensors as they are very cheap and do some tests.
Or an arduino with ultrasonic sensors should also do for testing, again very cheap.

More
14 Sep 2020 22:44 #182159 by saztyga

Sorry for the late response sir, i am trying to make cake decorator so there may be ups and downs on cake surface
so that's why i want to put sensor on z axis so it can move tool up and down during execution.
here is a picture
where A should be read by sensor and moves the tools accordingly ..please help me out with this.

Thank You sir
Attachments:

More
18 Sep 2020 23:33 #182690 by saztyga

More
19 Sep 2020 08:08 #182717 by Himarc3D
I dont think its easy for cake...youll take a lot time to adjust it, for metal people use one method called breakaway, when the nozzle colide with the work material the nozzle breakaway from the support, in your case maybe it drop up the cake...i saw here one guy use wire to avoid it to drop...whats 3? 3mm, 3cm or 3 inch? why you need one machine to do it? 3cm will be more easy to implement.
The sensor work. Actually the machine dont have idea what sensor you are using, just signal and if the signal was consistent or not.
You wanna real time height adjustment?
Do you have 3D printer?
If no check bed leveling in 3D printer, someone here started talk about 3D printer but i think stopped talking about it, search here in the forum.

More
19 Sep 2020 08:13 #182718 by tommylight
Ultrasonic sensors will most probably not work for that as the area they detect is quite big, or the head will move up or down way before where it is needed.
A laser range finder would be to narrow, so again not really usable.
I would still try with ultrasonic sensors but add short tubes in front of them to narrow the field, that might still work.

More
19 Sep 2020 08:29 #182719 by Himarc3D
Ultrasonic sensor have mm to meters circumference range. In industry now i saw a lot people using fiber now.

More
19 Sep 2020 08:34 #182720 by Himarc3D
The material surface will be pretty trick i think using ultrasonic.

Time to create page: 0.318 seconds