Quick Question need some Guidance !!

More
08 Oct 2020 13:36 #185353 by ROD
Just a quick update !! The cookies are delicious here on the Darkside thanks BeagleBrainz . I had been fooling around with Mach3/4 on and off for 12 months grant you sometimes I would go months and never touch it. Anyway It seemed to be a struggled to corollate the software to the smooth stepper blah blah blah... Enter the Darkside !! I have since fired up a PC with LinuxCNC connected straight to a parallel port spent a few minutes going through config and BAM !! My ole Grizzly G0759 has come to life. I have made more progress in an hour or two than I had in countless hours going the other route.

Once again thanks for the nudge in the right direction.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, rodw, BeagleBrainz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Oct 2020 14:14 #185356 by tommylight

I have since fired up a PC with LinuxCNC connected straight to a parallel port spent a few minutes going through config and BAM !! My ole Grizzly G0759 has come to life. I have made more progress in an hour or two than I had in countless hours going the other route.

This should be made into a big poster and slapped all over the internet, i still get baffled when reading some posts about Mach being easier to setup for a simple parallel port machine! It is not by a long stretch !

More
09 Oct 2020 12:01 #185455 by anfänger
I think this still origins in the where you had to compile your own rt kernel. And kernel compiling was kind of black magic.
With rt distributions and fitting packages of Linuxcnc it quite easy to setup Linuxcnc.
And with the wizards its ale easy te get a good starting point to setup your machine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds