Materialverter input and output files

More
12 Oct 2020 21:18 #185881 by Electechcans
Hello, i am trying to use Materialverter so i can use Sheetcam files in Plasmac, I am putting my toolset which i have saved from Sheetcam in the input box and have tried to put my material.cfg file in the output box but nothing changes when i load my .ngc file. I am still getting g-code errors and nothing is changed in the way the code is. Am i putting the wrong file in the output box?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Oct 2020 23:42 #185896 by rodw
Have you installed the Plasmac post processor in sheetcam?

More
13 Oct 2020 02:21 #185908 by Electechcans
Nope I used the linuxcnc post processor when I set it up. Is that something I have to add on to sheetcam?

More
13 Oct 2020 03:19 #185911 by rodw

Nope I used the linuxcnc post processor when I set it up. Is that something I have to add on to sheetcam?

forum.linuxcnc.org/plasmac/38438-plasmac-post-processors
The following user(s) said Thank You: Electechcans

More
13 Oct 2020 05:07 #185918 by Electechcans
When i run this PP it will run the entire cut and when it is done it stops in place at the end of the cut and i get a joint 3 following error, i have very little experience with gcode so im not sure what to do to make it go back to zero or where i started the job at. I used the PP from PHILLC54 (SheetCam post processor Revision F including a terse manual and toolset) because when i click the link in your post it doesn't go anywhere. His post is below yours here forum.linuxcnc.org/plasmac/38438-plasmac-post-processors

More
13 Oct 2020 10:17 #185957 by rodw
There are some settings in the sheetcam job or somewhere to park the torch.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Electechcans

More
13 Oct 2020 19:52 #186013 by Electechcans
I got this issue fixed thank you, now when i makes the first cut it finishes and goes to move to the safe position to get to the next cut and faults for arc off fault. I checked the disable arc on box and the job runs all the way through. I looked in sheetcam but i dont see anything, do i need to setup a snippet in sheetcam to fix this?

More
13 Oct 2020 20:43 #186019 by rodw
Can you screen dump the fault and attach some gcode?

More
13 Oct 2020 22:57 #186037 by Electechcans
It gets hung up on line 34 and says (valid arc lost program is paused). I put a camera pic in here, i cant screenshot it doesn't do anything when i try to use print screen, not sure where it is putting the screenshot or if its working at all. Like i said if i disable the arc ok signal it will run the whole job just fine.

File Attachment:

File Name: SCWrench_2...0-13.ngc
File Size:2 KB
Attachments:

More
13 Oct 2020 23:51 #186040 by rodw
Are you using an arcok signal from your plasma cutter?

Time to create page: 0.113 seconds