Plasmac Post Processors

More
23 Feb 2020 02:44 - 11 Feb 2024 01:16 #158267 by phillc54
This thread is for user donated post processors for CAM software that has no native post processer for QtPlasmaC/PlasmaC.
I will make this sticky and unlocked and just keep current versions here.
If there are posted comments or corrections I will delete them after they have been actioned.

Current PP's:
There are no third party PP's here for SheetCam, use the PlasmaC PP included with SheetCam for both QtPlasmaC and Plasmac.

PP creators need to be aware of the following:
  • LinuxCNC does not allows analog/digital input or output while cutter compensation (G41) is active.
  • QtPlasmaC disables G92 offsets.

All work product by the author is provided ​“AS IS”. The Author makes no other warranties, express or implied, and hereby disclaims all implied warranties, including any warranty of merchantability and warranty of fitness for a particular purpose.
Last edit: 11 Feb 2024 01:16 by phillc54.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thefabricator03, CNCFred, web123456, ts_7, RRicardo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Mar 2020 22:14 #159042 by docwelch
Replied by docwelch on topic Plasmac Post Processors
Fusion360 post processor for use with PlasmaC. There is also a manual and a test file included.
Please use cautiously at your own risk. It is working for me, but there could still be errors.
Please post any problems or questions over in the existing topic: Fusion360 Post Processor Topic

You will need to remove the .txt extension from the post processor file and the Fusion360 test file.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54, tommylight, CNCFred, dvn4life1972, RRcnc, RRicardo

More
03 Apr 2020 12:36 - 03 Apr 2020 12:39 #162574 by taloot
Replied by taloot on topic Plasmac Post Processors
pronest 2019 post for plasmac
rename to CFF

File Attachment:

File Name: PlasmaC.doc
File Size:28 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 03 Apr 2020 12:39 by taloot.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54, EW_CNC, pinder

More
23 Oct 2020 23:22 #187048 by benbenben
Replied by benbenben on topic Plasmac Post Processors
Also i wanted to share my PP for Solidworks (Camworks). it is basically a copy of phils Sheetcam PP.

Its not fully tested, so always check trough the gcode, for my spotting, marking etc it works. No scribing and it is setup for a metric machiene .

the attached Plasma001.ctl is the compiled PP file. Under your machiene setup in camworks point to this file. The file location should also contain the attached info files with Plasma001_L.rtf,Plasma001_S.rtf, Plasma001.pinf and Plasma001.lng

it might be necessary to compile the PP on your machiene yourself. U need to download the UPG (universal post generator) from the camworks site. You open the source file Plasma001.gpsd in the EC Editor (The UPG wont recognize the file, u cant open it with the UPG). Under the section Library files u change the path to the Plasma001.lib file to the location you have it on your computer, the same for the Master Library file from camworks Mill.Lib.

You save the Plasma001.gpsd file and now in the UPG Program you go to File--> compile source and select the freshly edited Plasma001.gpsd. After sucessful compilation, select it again in your solidworks machiene setup and regenerate the toolpaths.

that should do the trick
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54

More
29 Apr 2022 21:38 - 11 Feb 2024 00:59 #241672 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Plasmac Post Processors
>>>> Inkscape V0.92 for PlasmaC <<<<
-Download the attached file, extract the files,
-Open a terminal and type or copy/paste
cp /usr/share/inkscape/extensions/gcodetools.py ~/gcodetools.py.old
sudo cp ~/Downloads/gcodetool/gcodetools.py.mod /usr/share/inkscape/extensions/gcodetools.py
-Copy the 'header' and 'footer' files to the folder where the gcode from Inkscape is saved. Header is empty, footer has M2 in it.

>>>> Inkscape V0.92 for PlasmaC a short how to <<<<
-open a drawing, edit, save, etc etc, make sure the drawing is a "path" or "group" of paths, nothing else works.
-after done editing, go to 'extensions'>'gcodetools'>'tool library'
-choose plasma, click 'apply' then 'close'
-again go to 'extensions'>'gcodetools' and choose 'path to gcode'
-click 'apply', 'OK', 'close'
You should now have a file named 'output0001' in the folder set in the "path to gcode" window, 'preferences' tab.
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 Feb 2024 00:59 by phillc54.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54, robertspark

More
27 Dec 2023 08:14 - 27 Jan 2024 08:36 #289146 by ashesman
Replied by ashesman on topic Plasmac Post Processors
After running into some trouble with the Fusion 360 post processor, I spent some time working on it to solve the issues I was experiencing.  Refer to my post here forum.linuxcnc.org/plasmac/38199-fusion-...-for-plamac?start=40

I have fixed up the F360 post processor and tested a new version.  It works well with F360 and qtPlasmac.  I have also updated the F360 test files to fully test the changes and small hole functions.  The original author may want to do a compare and review the changes

Unfortunately after editing this post I lost the original content out of it some how that had the change list of what I changed and why.  I don't remember all the little details.  

Fixes were mostly around the small hole features that were not correctly working.  Also G41 offset compensation used the wrong signal name.

I have also included a Plasmac materials library and matching F360 tool library for Hypertherm Powermax 45.

No changes have been made that alter functionality from the original documentation.
Last edit: 27 Jan 2024 08:36 by ashesman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54, JeffreySc

More
09 Feb 2024 04:29 - 11 Feb 2024 00:54 #292910 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic Plasmac Post Processors
The attached  Custom G-code Filter  should render the G-code suitable for QtPlasmaC.

Copy custom_filter.py to the configuration directory for the plasma table.

Some examples of typical PeddiNest G-code files are attached.

You do need to be aware that all the motion in these files is incremental.

File Attachment:

File Name: custom_fil...02-08.py
File Size:1 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 Feb 2024 00:54 by phillc54.

More
12 Feb 2024 18:30 - 12 Feb 2024 22:54 #293158 by grijalvap
Replied by grijalvap on topic Plasmac Post Processors
Hi  Phill
Question just to be sure I understand correctly:
in the custom_pre_parse(data)  funtion "data" is a single row or a array of rows.
then if it is a single row (as i think) the return data is the statement that will substitute the actual row?

Edit..
The code you sent me is working now I added pre and post amble.
thanks 

Last edit: 12 Feb 2024 22:54 by grijalvap.

More
13 Feb 2024 01:54 #293185 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic Plasmac Post Processors

in the custom_pre_parse(data)  funtion "data" is a single row or a array of rows.

then if it is a single row (as i think) the return data is the statement that will substitute the actual row?

Correct:
  • data is a single line of G-code from the loading file.
  • the return may be None to delete the line, a single line of G-code, or multiple lines of G-code separated by a newline.

The code you sent me is working now I added pre and post amble.

Great, glad it works. You may need to ensure that it does not affect code written by another PP.

More
02 Mar 2024 13:57 #294914 by anthonylangevin
hi i got a problem with your post . i got no M3 commaand for starting the plasma do you have a clue what i am doing wrong

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds