Materialverter input and output files

More
14 Oct 2020 03:27 #186056 by Electechcans
The arc okay is a direct input 24vdc into the Mesa 7i96 through contacts in my plasma cutter, and it works i see it on but its like its looking for the arc okay when it goes to safe height, the THC is 1:1 from my plasma cutter into a THC AD 300 board and i am getting voltage but it doesn't seem to be responding either ie: not getting signal back showing that its going up or down or that the THC is enabled and it is enabled in the config. Usually showing around 96-110 volts for the 1/4 steel but i think my cut height is too high at .090, i tried .060 earlier and it cuts alot squarer down through the cut. Not sure if this helps. By the way thanks for the help i really appreciate it i have been making good progress with your help. I cut an address plate for my house and it turned out great.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Oct 2020 10:08 #186082 by rodw
Thanks for acknowledging the assistance. It just means I have to keep working for you now :(

If its the plasma cutter telling you its lost an arc and not a synthesised one from the torch voltage, then it really lost the arc. This could have happened becasue you were too high. .060 sounds better to me.

If you are experiencing intermittent/random faults it will be becasue there is not enough current flowing through the plasma cutter's relay which results in oxide build up on the contacts. There was a thread on this recently. The solution (which you should do anyway) is to add a pull down resistor from the mesa input to field power ground (0 volts). We recommend you add 3 x 27 ohm 5 W resistors in parallel. This will give 90 ohms at 15 W current handling (6.4 W dissapation required). This will see 267 mA flow through the relay to get well above the 100 Amp minimum we've seen on a couple of machines now (Everlast and Hypertherm). It may take a few cycles to settle down but it will make for a more reliable signal. You should not really be cutting without an ArcOK.

Other causes could be poor earth or cutting too fast.

Oh, and there should be an application in the menus to take a screenshot.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds