7i76e - TB2 not working - no axis motor movement - but TB3 and rest working fine

More
19 Nov 2020 15:52 #189786 by denhen89
Hello,
yesterday i have make some wiring differently on my Lathe, so that the wires are not visible.
I did not change anything on the board wiring, everything has been done without power on.
I actually just changed the 380v wiring and after i powered on the machine the X and Z motor did not move.

To make it as short as possible: I tested one motor to all 3 stepper slots on TB2, but nothing changed. I went out of my workshop and wanted to start a thread here in the forum, but then i thought i check if the last stepper slot which is on TB3 works. So i went to my workshop, put one motor to TB3 stepper slot and it works.

So, something with the TB2 terminal is wrong. I am not sure if its broken or if it can be something with the firmware?

If you know how i can check if its 100% a hardware fault, then please let me know how to check that.

I really havent done nothing on the wiring while the power was plugged in. Not only that it would be very stupid, but i also already damaged ones by 7i76e, by unplugging the 24v, but on the DC side, which i learned should never be done that way. That damaged my outputs but got reparied with a new chip by my one friend.
No i dont know what could cause a damage on TB2?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Nov 2020 16:06 - 19 Nov 2020 16:07 #189787 by PCW
The first 4 stepgens on TB2 are driven by a pair of chips. Its likely one
or both have been damaged somehow. This can happen if any of the TB2
Step/Dir pins accidentally contacted something with a voltage outside
of the 0 to 5V range.
Last edit: 19 Nov 2020 16:07 by PCW.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denhen89

More
19 Nov 2020 16:13 #189788 by denhen89
@PCW: Thanks for your quick reply and the explanation.
I have 2 questions:

1.Can you show me on that picture (store.mesanet.com/image/cache/catalog/Pr...i76ecolo-500x500.png) which pair of chips are broken? Below TB2 and above TB2 are a pair of chips, so i dont know which are broken:

2.I would need only one more stepper slot for the second axis, because TB3 works, so my question is, which outputs i could?

More
19 Nov 2020 16:21 #189789 by PCW
U12 drives the - outputs
U19 drives the + outputs

It may be only one is damaged so you may be able to get it operational
by rewiring the drives to only use the + or - outputs

More
19 Nov 2020 17:15 #189793 by denhen89
Thank you very much.
Actually i dont know how to get it operational by rewiring the drives to only use + or - outputs, so i would like to replace the chips.

The chips have this code: ACT 540 and the other chip ACT 541

I could found those chips but i am not sure if that are the correct one:
Farnell page link: chip :CD74AC541M
CD74AC540M

It would be nice if you could help me with that and i will order them and give the card and the chips to my friend who will replace them

Thank you very much already PCW

More
19 Nov 2020 17:18 #189794 by PCW
Thats the wrong package, you need the TSSOP package not SOIC

More
19 Nov 2020 17:23 #189795 by denhen89
hmm i will try to find it, but thank you for pointing me in the right direction

More
19 Nov 2020 22:29 - 19 Nov 2020 22:30 #189828 by Himarc3D
I think what PCW mean to rewire to use step+/dir+ and common negative or step-/dir- and common positive its easy to do.
Gecko 201x is wired this way, usually i wire this way at PLC too or I misunderstood PCW and he told another thing
Last edit: 19 Nov 2020 22:30 by Himarc3D.

More
20 Nov 2020 03:49 #189860 by denhen89
Thanks Himarc3d for your message.
Unfortunately i currently dont know how to get it done, but i got on yesterday my Multifix and would like to get the first important parts done on my lathe to get the multifix mounted soon, but for now it seems that i have to order the chips to repair the card. On tomorrow of course i will think how i can get both motors to work without repairing the card, but still i would like to repair it, just because i will feel better with it :D

More
20 Nov 2020 07:33 - 20 Nov 2020 07:33 #189874 by Mike_Eitel
Can't u use a multimeter or a simple resistor-led to control on every pin if there are toggles when you expect a motor move. Try once against gnd and once against 5V. So you might find pins that still work and you can survive till replace...
Mike
Last edit: 20 Nov 2020 07:33 by Mike_Eitel.

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds